Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

From Billboard (U2 Album Slated for Early 2014 Release):

U2 is readying a new album for tentative release in April, Billboard has learned, and is shopping for brand partners to announce the new project via a Super Bowl commercial.

Producer Danger Mouse (real name Brian Burton) has been helming the set, which was recorded primarily at New York's Electric Lady Studios.

Danger Mouse, who is perhaps best known for his work with Gnarls Barkley, Broken Bells and for the 2004 Jay-Z/Beatles mashup "The Grey Album,” has been in the mix for a new U2 set since 2010.

The new album will be the follow-up to their 2009 studio set, “No Line on the Horizon,” which gave the band its seventh No. 1 on The Billboard 200 when it bowed in the top slot (a “greatest hits” album arrived the following year).

The news comes amid reports that Live Nation is negotiating a mega-deal to buy the management companies behind U2 and Madonna. Principle is the company of longtime U2 manager Paul McGuinness and Madonna manager Guy Oseary runs Maverick. Live Nation, sources say, will pay more than $30 million for both Principle Management and Maverick.

Driving the meetings on the brand-partnership for U2’s new album is Oseary, who has been running U2's day-to-day affairs for a while, Billboard understands. He’s been reaching out to potential sponsors on the band's behalf, according to four executives familiar with plans. Oseary did not respond to requests for comment from Billboard Tuesday afternoon.

U2 recently revealed their first new song in three years with "Ordinary Love," a soaring anthem for the biopic "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New song is decent; much better than the Nelson Mandela song.  I give U2 credit for continuing to act as though their new material is going to make or break their career, even if that's obviously no longer the case.  It can be easy to forget that right now they're the equivalent of Bridges to Babylon-era Stones, in terms of age.

New song is decent; much better than the Nelson Mandela song.  I give U2 credit for continuing to act as though their new material is going to make or break their career, even if that's obviously no longer the case.  It can be easy to forget that right now they're the equivalent of Bridges to Babylon-era Stones, in terms of age.

I can respect the effort I guess, but I really, really wish they'd have stopped concerning themselves with it by now. ATYCLB is almost 15 years old. We really could've used another Passengers project or a single as weird as Numb by now.

How come? I saw their last tour and thought it was great. 360

I am not fan of going to stadium shows any more and the newer U2 tunes don't hold my interest any more. 10 - 15 years ago I would have put up with a stadium/arena show.

Same thing with Stones, I guess, though their prices makes it an easy decision.

I saw them once and was underwhelmed. Sure they had. All the bells and whistled with their multimedia stage show, but the overall performance was not the awe inspiring event I was led to believe it would be. I checked with friends who were at the show and they had the mystical life changing experience they always have seeing the band live, so it's not like it was a sub oar night for the band.