Good news for U2 fans..

Yesterday I ended up scoring 4 tickets to the Sun July 26th show in the $48 section for MSG (on the chase bridge which is great because it is in the middle of the arena) so now it looks like I will be going to two shows :wave

Congrats on that!

I will attending back to back nights in Boston. I am looking for them to mix it up the second night as rumored.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Also interesting that Bono bike accident got no TMZ coverage. Imagine if Kim Kardashian or Kayne had same accident? Hard to believe no one caught a video or photo of accident or helping Bono. Someone of his level would normally be caught on film and shared on news. Not even a Ambulance chaser photo?

I hope Bono heals quickly and the tour goes well but for me U2 sold out with this album and tour making it unavailable to the working class. I feel they have enough cash in the safe and could actually help music business by keeping prices lower. Taylor Swift is coming after your fans!!!!

============================

I am surprised how little the music community really seems to care about Bono's pretty severe injury.

The new album is great, too. Getting mad at U2 and not Apple for Apple's deal still pisses me off. I wrote about it earlier.

I wonder if they could sell out stadiums anymore? (Off the top of my head - I think only the Rolling Stones or Bruce could still do that.)

Although I have listened to U2 since about 1981, I have never got to see the band. Someday.

I wonder if they could sell out stadiums anymore? (Off the top of my head - I think only the Rolling Stones or Bruce could still do that.)

Although I have listened to U2 since about 1981, I have never got to see the band. Someday.

Taylor swift?

This is a couple months old, but I just saw it over the weekend from a taped Later with Jools Holland.

Very nice.

Wow your going to think Im kidding but that's the second song I have heard that's new and I enjoyed that very powerful and Bono's Voice just soars

Thanks for posting it!

Very nice.

Wow your going to think Im kidding but that's the second song I have heard that's new and I enjoyed that very powerful and Bono's Voice just soars

Thanks for posting it!

happy to share. Bono's voice is such an amazing instrument. Nice to know that in this age of faking live performances, that U2 still kills it.

here's the same song, same arrangement, as done at the Euro MTV awards in November. The crowd outbursts are touching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cszigsFaChc

Thanks again for sharing Bummer note from Bono After accident I may never be able to play guitar again.

Man that's got to be tough obviously he has a gunslinger for lead. In terms of a lead vocalist playing guitar; to me it's similar to Mick when he plays Live not required But he Enjoys it.

Here's a link to Bono's A to Z recap of 2014.  http://www.u2.com/news/title/little-book-of-a-big-year/

A long read but I enjoyed reading it. Sad to see that some people on Twitter are already taking glee in Bono possibly never playing guitar again. Of course, they missed that he beat them to the punchline "The band have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this."

Whether or not he was a good guitarist -- and he's certainly never claimed to be that good -- it would be too bad if he lost the ability to do something that he enjoyed.

• 4 months later...

I agree . He looks and sounds happy, healthy and powerful. Losing some weight suits him. He no longer resembles a certain someone.

Yikes..I have tickets for two upcoming shows in July and saw the rehersal setlist..I really hope this isn't standard because it looks boring on paper.

They need to drop all the songs from Achtung and Joshua that have been played at almost every show for the last two decades and throw in some deeper cuts please! Also bummed nothing off of Pop (yeah I know they hate it but I LOVE IT), Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2015/pacific-coliseum-vancouver-bc-canada-7bc802f8.html

Yikes..I have tickets for two upcoming shows in July and saw the rehersal setlist..I really hope this isn't standard because it looks boring on paper.

They need to drop all the songs from Achtung and Joshua that have been played at almost every show for the last two decades and throw in some deeper cuts please! Also bummed nothing off of Pop (yeah I know they hate it but I LOVE IT), Unforgettable Fire and Zooropa

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2015/pacific-coliseum-vancouver-bc-canada-7bc802f8.html

I thought they were going to have two different setlists - one for "innocence" and one for "experience" ?

I would be very bummed to not hear anything off of Zooropa or Unforgettable Fire. I have tix to one show in Chicago.

I thought they were going to have two different setlists - one for "innocence" and one for "experience" ?

I would be very bummed to not hear anything off of Zooropa or Unforgettable Fire. I have tix to one show in Chicago.

Yeah that was the rumor..hope that is the case still...knowing my setlist luck I would get two innocence shows

I think they re thought that idea.  I think there was a recent interview that talked about not do ing that.

Also...only 20 songs...wtf....need at least 25 or in best case 30 (Like our boys).

List of all songs confirmed to have been rehearsed

Let's conclude with a list of songs known to have been rehearsed across all sessions in Vancouver. We should issue a mea culpa: Volcano should not have been in our earlier lists. It was played over the PA by the band's crew, but we have had no more solid confirmation that it was played than one report early in the rehearsals period that the band did "everything" from Songs of Innocence. We are only counting songs cited directly, so it has been removed from our list.

New songs: California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles.

Old songs: Angel Of Harlem, Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Moment Of Surrender, Mysterious Ways, No Line On The Horizon, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, The Electric Co., The Fly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, The Hands That Built America, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

Total songs confirmed to have been rehearsed: 42.

Source: http://www.u2gigs.com/article988.html