Good news for U2 fans..

I'm not a huge Bono fan, but he handled the EODM situation pretty well. The U2 boys really did take a back seat to EODM, and they really didn't have to. Of the U2 boys Bono was the only one who made moves to share the spotlight. Then U2 quietly left the stage for EODM to perform a song on their own.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Show looks amazing but the band does not really play so hard anymore. Still a great band but seems like they a so restrained. Bad is usually so intense but now when they play it, just not the same. Looks like the screen they have is crazy big and expensive.

Show looks amazing but the band does not really play so hard anymore. Still a great band but seems like they a so restrained. Bad is usually so intense but now when they play it, just not the same. Looks like the screen they have is crazy big and expensive.

I would chalk that up to Bono's bike accident. He's not what he once was physically, and most of the energy you're talking about would emanate from him.

• 3 months later...

Listened to Boy in the car for the first time in quite a while, and surprised how poorly it's aged. I guess that early 80s production is largely to blame, but seems like they were a much better, more professional band by the time The Unforgettable Fire came out. Weird experience.

• 2 months later...

Are we going to experience deja vu this coming Monday from Apple's big event which will allegedly showcase a new music platform? Some U2 fan sites ran a rumor yesterday that their new single would be released & possibly performed in a similar manner to the Sept 2014 Apple/U2 event. That song is titled Tightrope. 

What's the story on those photos from the studio Adam was posting a while back? I could not tell if it was something he was doing - or more U2 recording. 

U2 is still supposed to release the followup to Songs Of Innocence titled Songs Of Experience at some point, so it's from recordings from that. There's word of them continuing the Innocence & Experience Tour to the places that they didn't hit and places that they did. I don't see how this would go over because their live performance from Paris (shown on HBO last December) is hitting stores this Friday. Will they reuse the stage and come up with a new setlist? Who knows? I guess casual fans and fans that didn't get to see them last year knew what the stage looked like, but now you can watch the whole show in your living room. 

Scott Aukerman & Adam Scott (U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast) heard 4 new U2 songs last summer when they had the whole band on their podcast. Bono played it for them.

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGWWIMe8BbI

Kygo, a Norwegian DJ and producer, debuted "The Best Thing" -- a new collaboration with U2 at the Cloud Nine festival in his hometown of Bergen, Norway. It sounds like a remix of one of the upcoming songs from Songs Of Experience, but it could also be a standalone track. It definitely sounds like it's another love song for Bono's wife. 

What every happened to another leg of last tour. Florida got hosed

Ha! Most U2 plans never happen the way that they say it will. The most recent report from Bono is that they expect a new album out soon (later this year/early next year) and the 2nd U.S. leg next spring followed by everywhere else. I'm guessing another tour announcement in December. If the tour does happen in 2017, it will have been 2 full years since they last played the States which I think is a good thing for the band and the fans. They're still expected to use the same stage, but they'll probably pluck out the Innocence songs and put in the new ones from Songs Of Experience. We'll see if the Paris DVD hurts ticket sales. My fingers are crossed for arenas only, but  they might do stadiums for some of the big repeat cities like Boston (4 shows in '15) & NYC (8 shows in '15). I can't see them selling out 4-8 shows again, but I can see them selling out a stadium once or twice. 

I watched this musical (I hate musicals) Across The Universe at a friend of mines house the other night. I was surprised to see Bono in the film. I don't recall the real Dr. Robert looking like Bono did in that film. I could be wrong. 

I will say the filming or whatever you call it was great. I also thought some of the song interpretations sounded as if Oasis were doing the tracks. 

I just wonder how Bono ended up in there. He actually looked like The Edge did around the time of Zooropa. I wonder if that was intentional.

I've seen Bono pop up in The Million Dollar Hotel which he co-wrote & Phil Joanou's Entropy which was autobiographical & self-masturbatory: Phil directed Rattle & Hum. Bono popped up in a similar fashion as Springsteen in High Fidelty.

Across The Universe: I'm guessing that Julie Taymor & Bono crossed paths somewhere on Broadway.

Bono's MacPhisto character was almost a part of Joel Schumacher's Batman Forever. That sort of explains the cool animated video for Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Million Dollar Hotel is a weird and sad film with beautiful cinematography and great music. Mel Gibson's character has an arm growing out of his neck. I don't think Bono has any lines, but you can definitely spot him as the camera pans the derelicts living in the hotel of the same name.

I didn't think that most people knew of Entropy. I know that you can find it on Wiki or IMDB, but what non-U2 fan would sit down to watch it. That probably explains why it's extremely tough to track down. I think it only exists as a VHS which is what I have. I bought it for a buck when my local Blockbuster closed up shop. I do believe that the whole film is on YouTube or at least the Bono scene.

http://youtu.be/ikoV0EF9sYM

The opening scene takes place on the roof of the hotel & it keeps getting replayed throughout the film. It's Jeremy Davies (Faraday from Lost) running on the roof about to jump off of it.

The band appears in Entropy. I totally forgot about that.