Good news for U2 fans..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

Wish the midwest portion of the tour had more cities. Darn.

I was hoping their new record was gonna be released soon. Apparently, Bono felt...post election...that maybe the band should revisit the record to make sure there's nothing more they want to say.

All us music fans apparently get to look forward to a U2 album in late 2017 or early 2018 where Bono will tell us how we should feel to have Trump as our President. 

Joy!

Is it because they aren't playing New Orleans or you don't like the stadium shows or both?

More so because they eschew smaller cities like NOLA now in favor of major metropolitan centers. I'm not a big fan of stadium shows, but I must admit that their show in Tampa in '09 was pretty great. 

More so because they eschew smaller cities like NOLA now in favor of major metropolitan centers. I'm not a big fan of stadium shows, but I must admit that their show in Tampa in '09 was pretty great.

I hear you but I'm kind of on the flip side. They come to NY/NJ but tickets are way more expensive than other cities and hard to get! So far 1 show announced for a 15 million plus population center

I wound up getting 2 GA tickets ($75 + fees) for Gillette via the TM App. I got zilch on TM.com.

I did just renew my U2 fan club subscription for the sole purpose of buying advanced tickets. I have 2 more tickets left to buy based off of the way that goes.

Holy smokes - I just poked around ticketmaster.

For Soldier Field, Section 326, row 19 (I'm assuming there's maybe 20 more rows behind these seats to claim the title of WORST SEATS AVAILABLE) are $100 each. These are as far away from the stage as possible (excepting rows >19 in the same section).

Jeez.

Nice that ticketmaster/U2 gives you the option of paying the $50 fee to join the U2 club all at once...

Holy smokes - I just poked around ticketmaster.

For Soldier Field, Section 326, row 19 (I'm assuming there's maybe 20 more rows behind these seats to claim the title of WORST SEATS AVAILABLE) are $100 each. These are as far away from the stage as possible (excepting rows >19 in the same section).

Jeez.

Nice that ticketmaster/U2 gives you the option of paying the $50 fee to join the U2 club all at once...

Yeah - I have no idea where our seats will be --- I just know they were $120 per ticket, which is too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a bunch of U2 DVDs the last week or so -- still think the Boston, Elevation from 2001 is my favorite.

Re-watched the Red Rocks - definitely see the early greatness that was to come.

Zoo TV show DVD was okay - I enjoy Popmart more, though.

Slane Castle wasn't shot all that great, though it was cool was it was in Ireland and the banter was great.

2005, Chicago didn't hold my interest.

360 was shot nicely, but the newer songs didn't do much for me. The Boots songs is kinda of cool.

• 1 month later...

Under A Blood Red Sky was my first exposure to U2. I was 17 years old. I sort of recall seeing the film on MTV.

I suppose this makes sense with the tour coming up:

Today (March 9) marks the 30th anniversary of the release of U2’s landmark album The Joshua Tree, and the band aren’t just celebrating with a special anniversary tour.

Just announced is a special 30th anniversary reissue campaign in nine different formats/bundles, from a simple remastered single CD to a 7LP “super deluxe” box set with and with other a limited edition t-shirt or a record bag.  (Complete track listings can be viewed below.)

All formats/bundles are currently available for pre-order at U2.com.

1. VINYL SUPER DELUXE BOXSET (with digital download card)
LP 1+2 – The Joshua Tree album
LP 3+4 – The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987
LP 5+6+7– The Joshua Tree Remixes / Outtakes / B-Sides

LP 5 – Remixes
One Tree Hill 2017 Remix (St Francis Hotel)
Bullet the Blue Sky 2017 Remix (Jacknife Lee)
Running To Stand Still 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Red Hill Mining Town 2017 Mix (Steve Lillywhite)
With or Without You 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Where The Streets Have No Name 2017 Remix (Flood)

LP 6 – Outtakes
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87)
One Tree Hill Reprise (Brian Eno 2017 Mix)
Silver and Gold (Sun City)
Beautiful Ghost/Introduction To Songs Of Experience
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
Desert Of Our Love
Rise Up
Drunk Chicken/America

LP 7 – B–sides
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
Walk To The Water
Spanish Eyes
Deep In The Heart
Silver And Gold
Sweetest Thing
Race Against Time

Book: Photographs by The Edge, a hardback collection of previously unpublished personal photographs from the original Mojave Desert sessions in 1986. Foreword by The Edge.

Plus: Folio of 8 Anton Corbijn Color Prints from 1986

2. CD SUPER DELUXE BOXSET (with digital download card)
CD1 - 2007 Joshua Tree album
CD2 - The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987
CD3 – The Joshua Tree 2017 Remixes
One Tree Hill 2017 Remix (St Francis Hotel)
Bullet the Blue Sky 2017 Remix (Jacknife Lee)
Running To Stand Still 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Red Hill Mining Town 2017 Mix (Steve Lillywhite)
With or Without You 2017 Remix (Daniel Lanois)
Where The Streets Have No Name 2017 Remix (Flood)

CD 4 – The Joshua Tree B-sides / Outtakes
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
Walk To The Water
Spanish Eyes
Deep In The Heart
Silver And Gold
Sweetest Thing
Race Against Time
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87
One Tree Hill Reprise (Brian Eno 2017 Mix)
Silver and Gold (Sun City)
Beautiful Ghost/Introduction To Songs Of Experience
Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland)
Desert Of Our Love
Rise Up
Drunk Chicken/America

Book: Photographs by The Edge – collection of never seen before personal photographs from the original Mojave Desert sessions in 1986 in a hardback book, with foreword written by The Edge.

Plus: Folio of 8 Anton Corbijn Color Prints from 1987

3. 2 CD DELUXE
CD 1 – The Joshua Tree album
CD 2 – The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden 1987
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Trip Through Your Wires
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
MLK
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
In God's Country
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Exit
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With Or Without You
Party Girl
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
"40"

4. STANDARD VINYL
The Joshua Tree (double heavyweight vinyl)

5. STANDARD CD
The Joshua Tree

6. DIGITAL FORMATS
3 x digital products: Standard, Deluxe and Super Deluxe audio as outlined above.

https://www.atu2.com/news/u2-will-issue-red-hill-mining-town-picture-vinyl-for-record-store-day.html

U2 is putting out a vinyl picture disc for the new mix of Red Hill Mining Town on Record Store Day.

As far as the U2 concert releases, I feel that they've had better shows than what's been released. One big problem probably is that a lot of those concerts that were released were at the end of a very long tour except for Elevation & Vertigo tour. The Zoo TV concert special & other unofficial pro-shot shows are much better than Zoo TV Sydney. Take a look on YouTube. At least Sydney has the 2 Zooropa songs in the encore which they didn't start doing until they hit that continent.

I can see myself in the Boston Elevation DVD during Stay. I can see the outline of my face & glasses bathed in a purple glow. I was on the floor down at the end of the heart at that show. The other Boston shows that tour I felt were better with some interesting cuts: All I Want Is You, Even Better Than The Real Thing, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock & Out Of Control.

Try checking out on YouTube:

Zoo TV Stockholm 92 - a fan won a contest to have a special broadcast to his house. Bono checks in with him with a lot. Abba guests on Dancing Queen. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is played. The Mirror Ball Man persona is used during the encore.

Outside Broadcast DC 92 - this show circulated amongst bootleggers in the 90s. It's the most unique show on this 2 year tour since it features Bad & Sunday Bloody Sunday which were never done at the same show. They rotated them. Bono is lifted up by a huge fan during Bad & spun around. George Bush phone call is pretty fun.

Zooropa Basel 93 - I swear that this was filmed so that ABC could use footage for their In Concert Special at like 130 in the morning. This is a great Zooropa concert. MacPhisto really brings out the best in Desire which got dropped in Australia.

Zoomerang Adelaide 93 - about 10 days before the Sydney PPV/DVD. Best known for Bono's passionate ending to Bullet The Blue Sky & him tripping and falling on the ramp. He performs most of Running To Stand Still laying on his back. Great stuff.

• 1 month later...

U2 started rehearsals a few nights ago in Vancouver and there are quite a few somewhat decent clips. A Sort Of Homecoming, Ultraviolet, & Miss Sarajevo have been rehearsed for "rare" tracks along w Joshua Tree songs & early staples. A new song titled The Little Things That Give You Away has been rehearsed as the set closer.

https://www.atu2.com/news/spoilers-day-2-u2s-joshua-tree-2017-tour-rehearsals-in-vancouver-1.html

U2 started rehearsals a few nights ago in Vancouver and there are quite a few somewhat decent clips. A Sort Of Homecoming, Ultraviolet, & Miss Sarajevo have been rehearsed for "rare" tracks along w Joshua Tree songs & early staples. A new song titled The Little Things That Give You Away has been rehearsed as the set closer.

https://www.atu2.com/news/spoilers-day-2-u2s-joshua-tree-2017-tour-rehearsals-in-vancouver-1.html

A sort of homecoming!! Wow I would really want to hear that when I see them in June