Good news for U2 fans..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone in a U2 fansite posted last week that the U2 SiriusXM station should be coming soon, according to a response from SiriusXM. I had it in the back of my mind since December when the announcement was made. I expected something in time for the fall. Yesterday news trickled in that the station would start on Wednesday July 1st at 3pm. That news quickly disappeared and I thought that it was pushed back. Woke up today to a Rolling Stone article with The Edge making the official announcement. All of the programming and live vault sounds excellent!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-edge-u2-new-siriusxm-station-1021360/amp/

Someone in a U2 fansite posted last week that the U2 SiriusXM station should be coming soon, according to a response from SiriusXM. I had it in the back of my mind since December when the announcement was made. I expected something in time for the fall. Yesterday news trickled in that the station would start on Wednesday July 1st at 3pm. That news quickly disappeared and I thought that it was pushed back. Woke up today to a Rolling Stone article with The Edge making the official announcement. All of the programming and live vault sounds excellent!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-edge-u2-new-siriusxm-station-1021360/amp/

Really hope that Achtung tour works out

• 1 month later...

I guess there is some talk about a All That You Can't Leave Behind anniversary release.

Yes, that’s right. I forgot to mention that. I’d expect an official announcement before the end of the month for a late October release. It’s funny how they’re picking & choosing which records to give the deluxe treatment. They curiously skipped over Pop and Rattle & Hum. Maybe they’re planning on doing those anniversaries in 2027 and 2028, respectively, to always have revenue coming in.

Anyways, there’s been talk about which Elevation Tour show to expect in the deluxe set, if there is a show to be included. It’d be really lazy to take the Boston show DVD and put it on an abbreviated 80 minute cd. And the Slane Castle show DVD was released on cd for a fanclub only release, so there’s a chance they could “forget” about that exclusivity and release it with this set. I’d love a show from the 2nd Leg in NYC right after 9/11.

Or they release a DVD of their 3rd Leg opener in South Bend, IN which has surfaced on YouTube as proshot. It’s a tiny gym auditorium and the heart shaped stage barely fits. Here’s the strange thing about that show: I remember listening to that show as it happened, but I never knew that proshot video existed. I don’t know who broadcast that show on the radio. Edit: OK, I read some of the comments and people are commenting that they watched the stream of this concert as it happened. Maybe my bandwidth wasn’t good enough, so I only got to hear the audio.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess there is some talk about a All That You Can't Leave Behind anniversary release.

Such a fucking disappointment when you compare it to other bands. Plus, this looks like an extremely lazy effort. The Boston show, which I attended all 4 on that tour, has been available on DVD. They filmed nights 1 & 2. Nights 3 & 4 were amazing. Go figure! This time we get the audio for the show with no new bonus tracks because there’s about 4 songs that were omitted for the release way back in 2001/02.

The rumors were that it would feature one of the NYC post 9/11 shows at MSG or something from the 3rd Leg of the Elevation Tour in the fall of 2001.

Even the outtakes were released several years ago on a U2 official fanclub release. Someone posted a massive wall of text on a U2 fan site of all of the working titles and outtakes taken from some old magazine picture that featured it. Nothing from the list made it to the release! No one needs U2 remixes, but they’re always quick to release them for some reason.

The 5 disc track list is as follows taken from a U2 site:

1 Beautiful Day

2 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

3 Elevation

4 Walk On

5 Kite

6 In A Little While

7 Wild Honey

8 Peace On Earth

9 When I Look At The World

10 New York

11 Grace

12 The Ground Beneath Her Feet

13 Levitate (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)

14 Summer Rain

15 Stateless

16 Always

17 Love You Like Mad (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)

18 Big Girls Are Best

19 Don't Take Your Guns To Town (A Tribute To Johnny Cash, Dublin / 1999)

20 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Acoustic Version)

21 Flower Child (From 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' Sessions)

22 Elevation (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

23 Beautiful Day (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

24 Until The End Of The World (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

25 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

26 Kite (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

27 Gone (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

28 New York (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

29 I Will Follow (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

30 Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

31 In A Little While (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

32 Desire (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

33 Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

34 Bad (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

35 Where The Streets Have No Name (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

36 Bullet The Blue Sky (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

37 With Or Without You (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

38 The Fly (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

39 Wake Up Dead Man (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

40 Walk On (Live From The Fleet Center, Boston, MA, USA / 2001)

41 Elevation (Paul Van Dyk Remix)

42 Elevation (Influx Remix)

43 New York (Carnegie's Deli Remix)

44 New York (Superman Kicks Ativan Remix)

45 Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix)

46 Beautiful Day (The Perfecto Mix)

47 In A Little While (Nightmares On Wax Remix)

48 Walk On (Wyclef Jean Remix)

49 When I Look At The World (Picante Remix)

50 Elevation (Escalation Mix)

51 Elevation (Quincey & Sonance Remix)

Hits stores on October 30th.

I hear you on the re-mixes. I don't know if I will buy this or not. (Another BS thing is a booklet with a bunch of photos. I was listening to my Led Zeppelin cds the other day and thought how nice it would be to read something about the recording. Nope - just a bunch of pictures in the slim booklet.)

I've hardly ever played that one.

Been a big U2 fan since the mid 80’s however I didn’t see them live until pop it blew me away. The songs were so good live. To me it took balls of steel the pivot U2 took from achtung to zooropa and pop. I give them a lot of credit as they could have continued in the pop rock vein.. I respect them for taking this course and I appreciate it!!

That Boston DVD is one of my favorite concert DVDs. I wish I would have seen them during the Elevation tour- but never saw them, until the 2017 Joshua Tree anniversary tour. Definitely glad I spent the dough to see that show - well worth it.

During 80's and 90's I never had a real desire to catch them live - I do remember the wife and I talking about seeing them during the Elevation tour, though. 

Also a few months ago I purchased No Line on the Horizon -- a new copy of the clear vinyl  on Deep Discount was super cheap - never listened to it before in its entirety. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It sounds pretty great, production wise.

That Boston DVD is one of my favorite concert DVDs. I wish I would have seen them during the Elevation tour- but never saw them, until the 2017 Joshua Tree anniversary tour. Definitely glad I spent the dough to see that show - well worth it.

During 80's and 90's I never had a real desire to catch them live - I do remember the wife and I talking about seeing them during the Elevation tour, though. 

That Joshua Tree show was amazing. Just as good was the 360 show, at least the night I saw. I go way back with U2. I'm about the same age as them, so lot of common ground musically. They played a tiny bar in Seattle between Boy & October (famously, the handwritten lyrics for October got stolen here). I was 20 & couldn't get in due to liquor laws at the time. I made up for it on the War tour. Saw them in a 2000 seat theater. For a long time I kind of went back & forth on them in direct correlation to the amount Bono talked, haha. I think my favorite show was the arena Zoo TV show with Pixies opening but its close. They definitely have the stadium spectacle down, performance & sound-wise. Even the Stones lifted some concepts from them like the small stage in the crowd.

That Joshua Tree show was amazing. Just as good was the 360 show, at least the night I saw. I go way back with U2. I'm about the same age as them, so lot of common ground musically. They played a tiny bar in Seattle between Boy & October (famously, the handwritten lyrics for October got stolen here). I was 20 & couldn't get in due to liquor laws at the time. I made up for it on the War tour. Saw them in a 2000 seat theater. For a long time I kind of went back & forth on them in direct correlation to the amount Bono talked, haha. I think my favorite show was the arena Zoo TV show with Pixies opening but its close. They definitely have the stadium spectacle down, performance & sound-wise. Even the Stones lifted some concepts from them like the small stage in the crowd.

You know some years back that suitcase was found in someone's attic and returned to Bono. 

I re-checked out U2360° at the Rose Bowl from the library a couple of days ago - I know I watched it a few years ago, but that was before I purchased and listened to the No Line record a few times. Figured I would revisit the dvd. 

Also checked out the songbook/sheet music of Achtung Baby -- which I just got on vinyl (I never owned the CD outright - since my brother had it, I always borrowed it from him, when I wanted to listen to it.) Look forward to tooling around with my guitar while listening and perusing the book. 

I re-checked out U2360° at the Rose Bowl from the library a couple of days ago - I know I watched it a few years ago, but that was before I purchased and listened to the No Line record a few times. Figured I would revisit the dvd. 

Also checked out the songbook/sheet music of Achtung Baby -- which I just got on vinyl (I never owned the CD outright - since my brother had it, I always borrowed it from him, when I wanted to listen to it.) Look forward to tooling around with my guitar while listening and perusing the book. 

Calvino, check out link below. It's stunning. I would love for them to do this version in concert. I think Edge is a great singer in his own right. Maybe not as messianic as Bono but that's ok in my book. Hope you like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12d-5Azr6PI

this one is pretty cool, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-RsogWt6wg

Calvino, check out link below. It's stunning. I would love for them to do this version in concert. I think Edge is a great singer in his own right. Maybe not as messianic as Bono but that's ok in my book. Hope you like.

this one is pretty cool, too:

Ha! That exactly how I sound when play those tunes - not! Thanks for the links, they are great versions.

My m.o. is to head down to my basement after my kids go to bed, have a smoke and beer or two - and attempt to play along with the music. Do enjoy the hell out of it, though.

• 1 year later...

I was browsing the U2 fan pages a few weeks ago and found out that they will have a new song, Your Song Saved My Life, featured in the Sing 2 movie coming out this Christmas. Bono even lends his voice to a reclusive lion rockstar. The song will be released digitally tomorrow. I’m guessing that they’re trying to get an Academy Award. Losing to Eminem is understandable, but losing to the Frozen song was rough. The song sounds decent based off of the 30 second sample. It might be a leftover from the last 2 records. No one really knows when it was recorded. I guess anyone can record songs a lot more secretly during a pandemic. 

TikTok was definitely an odd place to debut a sample, but there seems to be a reason for it. The other piece of news going around for several months was that U2 would not be releasing another deluxe edition to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Achtung Baby, but instead will have an “interactive” experience. The last piece of the puzzle coming together is that they are rumored to release unreleased studio & live footage from that era on TikTok on November 18th. Looking forward to that, but I never use TikTok.