Good news for U2 fans..

Larry interview snippets -

its not quite what people would expect a U2 experimental thing would be. I mean, if you think of Zooropa or Passengers, this is not that. This has got a lot of weight."

:lol

I've had enough of U2 playing the biggest band in the world game, so if this record is more in sync with Zooropa and (gasp!) Passengers, I'll be right chuffed.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since no one else has yet, I figured I’d share my experience seeing U2 at the Sphere in Las Vegas last week. (I’m a little behind as I was traveling after the weekend and busy with catching up on work

Yep, they botched Staring At The Sun on the opening night of the PopMart Tour in 1997 and since then they have only played it acoustically. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) & Stuck In A Moment You Can’t

I enjoy the Monster record - but I was not a huge fan of the live show on the cd deluxe edition -- enjoyed the music on the live set, but I thought Stipe's vocals were off -- to much straining, from w

Posted Images

He is such a goof. IIRC, he recorded his part of the duet with Sinatra on a separate continent or something. They only met because they filmed a video for it. And his NYT column reads like a blog post.

Are you familiar with the SNL skit making fun of the Sinatra duets album? Adam Sandler played Bono.

My that was harsh. And quite silly. I'm a fan so I'll read what he writes and maybe even find it interesting. I think Bono writes well. Ever read his induction of Bob Marley in the RHOF?? Classic.

If you don't want to read his NYT articles, turn the page. Seesh!

Another article - from Billboard.com:

U2 Reveals New Album Track List

January 16, 2009 12:01 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

U2 has unveiled the track list for its new album, "No Line on the Horizon," due March 3 from Interscope. The 11-song set is led by the single "Get on Your Boots," which premieres Monday (Jan. 19) on Dublin's 2FM. It will be released digitally Feb. 15 and physically the following day.

The new album blends such classic U2 rockers as "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight" and "Get on Your Boots" with more experimental fare like the seven-minute "Moment of Surrender" and "Fez -- Being Born." The former is an electro-leaning track with an Eastern-inspired scale in the chorus, making it one of the weirder U2 tracks in decades.

Sources say U2 recorded enough material with producers Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno and Steve Lillywhite for an entire separate album, but it is unknown if any of it will see the light of day.

As previously reported, "No Line on the Horizon" will be available in five different incarnations. Japanese artist/photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto shot the album cover, viewable by clicking here.

U2 is expected to tour this summer, its first outing since signing a multi-rights deal with Live Nation last March. The group will perform "Get on Your Boots" Feb. 18 at the BRIT Awards ceremony in London.

Here is the track listing for "No Line on the Horizon":

"No Line on the Horizon"

"Magnificent"

"Moment of Surrender"

"Unknown Caller"

"I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"

"Get On Your Boots"

"Stand Up Comedy"

"Fez -- Being Born"

"White As Snow"

"Breathe"

"Cedars of Lebanon"

Dave Fanning is supposed to debut the single on his radio program in Ireland Monday morning. I'm surprised they're waiting until Feb. 15 to release the single digitally and the next day to release the hard copy--it will be all over the internet for nearly a month.

I like the cover. There's a simplicity to it that I wasn't expecting from U2. That image without the equals sign (or whatever those bars are) was floating around some U2 sites all week, and I liked th original a little more. There's been speculation that maybe the bars are simply placeholders for text, but I hope they go for a textless cover.

Dave Fanning is supposed to debut the single on his radio program in Ireland Monday morning. I'm surprised they're waiting until Feb. 15 to release the single digitally and the next day to release the hard copy--it will be all over the internet for nearly a month.

I thought this was odd too. As soon as it's released to radio it'll be all over the place.

I like the cover. There's a simplicity to it that I wasn't expecting from U2. That image without the equals sign (or whatever those bars are) was floating around some U2 sites all week, and I liked th original a little more. There's been speculation that maybe the bars are simply placeholders for text, but I hope they go for a textless cover.

I don't buy the placeholder theory. This is the cover. I like it. The equals sign reminds me of this:

090406114914-1.JPG

And yes, How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb's cover was crap.

Looking forward to hearing this. I have actually only casually listened to them (I had the singles collections and Achtung Baby) until a couple of months ago when I picked up The Unforgettable Fire and started grabbing their back catalog. Though their recent work hasn't done much for me I can listen to pretty much everything up to and including Achtung Baby non stop. My favorite song of theirs at the moment is In God's Country from Joshua Tree.

--Mike

Worldwide Radio Goes Wild For New U2

U2

January 20, 2009 10:19 AM ET

Jen Wilson, London

U2's new single, "Get on Your Boots," scored massive audience numbers throughout Europe and the United Kingdom on its debut day of radio airplay yesterday (Jan. 19), according to Nielsen Music Control.

Arriving on the second day of the airplay-monitoring week, the new single shot straight to No. 1 on Ireland's airplay chart and No. 4 in the U.K., with total audiences of two million and 12.5 million respectively.

The song also fared well in Germany (78 million), Italy (11 million) and Austria (10 million), despite arriving near the end of the European monitoring week. Belgium and Holland showed a promising start with respective audiences of 3.5 and 2.6 million.

In the United States, "Boots" received 529 total spins, according to Nielsen BDS. KYSR-Los Angeles played it 24 times, while KENZ-Salt Lake City was second with 18.

"Get on Your Boots" was unveiled simultaneously around the world at 8:15 a.m. GMT yesterday. Originally U2 had announced the song would not be available digitally until Feb. 15, but it went live yesterday via Apple's iTunes Music Store in the United States.

The band's forthcoming album, "No Line on the Horizon" will be released March 2 through Mercury/Universal in the U.K. and the following day in North America through Interscope/Universal.

• 3 weeks later...

The performance on the Grammys last night was a little rough, but the giant video screen made me think of Popmart and Zoo TV and I got really excited.

Also: apparently you can hear 30 second clips of every song on the album in Wal-Mart's mp3 store (or at least you could this weekend). I haven't gone looking for them because I'm holding out to hear the album in its entirety when it officially comes out, but they're out there for anyone who's curious.

The performance on the Grammys last night was a little rough, but the giant video screen made me think of Popmart and Zoo TV and I got really excited.

Also: apparently you can hear 30 second clips of every song on the album in Wal-Mart's mp3 store (or at least you could this weekend). I haven't gone looking for them because I'm holding out to hear the album in its entirety when it officially comes out, but they're out there for anyone who's curious.

I just tried - the audio clip says "Previews are not currently available for this advance product"

53:43 in length. Cool.

Here's a link to a DL of the 30 second clips: http://www.u2star.com/blog/u2-news/u2-magn...nt-you-are.html