I figured I'd get this started with the circle of friends/soundcheck

how to fight loneliness

shake it off

pot kettle black

on and on and on

Seemed like it got cut short though because of the lightning that started during on and on, but it was still totally awesome.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured I'd get this started with the circle of friends/soundcheck

how to fight loneliness

shake it off

pot kettle black

on and on and on

Seemed like it got cut short though because of the lightning that started during on and on, but it was still totally awesome.

Thanks - I'd love to see a revival of not for the season > how to fight loneliness.

Un-fucking-believable show. I'm soaked--from my socks to my hair. I don't know where to begin....

From BT: Outta Site (closer)

From Summerteeth: Shot in the Arm (stands out as one of the best versions I've seen), VC

From YHF: War on War, Kamera, IATTBYH, Jesus Etc., HMD, ITMWLY

From AGIB: Handshake Drugs, Kidsmoke, Hummingbird

From SBS: Either Way, Face, SBS, Seeds, Shake it Off, IG, Hate it Here, Walken

Probably missing a few songs, but god damn what a great show, in the rain. I can't wipe this grin off my face. The kids loved it (the kid, really, since the younger one got tired and had to leave mid-way through with my wife).

I truly love this band....

More later.

Amazing show in the pouring rain

either way

you are my face

impossible germany

sky blue sky

iattbyh

shot in arm

handshake drugs

camera

side with the seeds

shake it off

walken

hate it here

jesus etc.

war on war

i'm the man

hummingbird

via chicago

spiders

heavy metal drummer

outtasite

I know I'm missing one or two and the main set may not be in the right order. That's all from memory. It totally poured and the band ate it up that we all stood in the rain to watch them. Lots of chatter and smiles among the band. Pat had a lot of family there. the "clansome"

I wish I was backstage, the wife and I were 3rd row. Totally soaked. Best wilco show I've ever seen. The pouring rain really made it special in a way I can't really describe. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a show, and I've seen some amazing shows.

what a great show.!! am absolutely soaked! there had to be at least a gallon of water in my jacket afterwards. i thought it was great that they played the sky blue sky songs in the order of the album. a different approach. they looked like they were having so much fun up there! and we were all having as much fun in the downpoar.

was that jeff's guitar pick he stuck to his forehead during hummingbird??

charlotte is going to be so different, idoors, dry...:)

great show, soaking wet as well.

Spiders was amazing, the clapping, the stopping, and then the end. jeff was humorous. the rain was freezing, but still an amazing show. Also a really amazing performance of I Am Trying to Break Your Heart.

Un-fucking-believable show. I'm soaked--from my socks to my hair. I don't know where to begin....

From BT: Outta Site (closer)

From Summerteeth: Shot in the Arm (stands out as one of the best versions I've seen), VC

From YHF: War on War, Kamera, IATTBYH, Jesus Etc., HMD, ITMWLY

From AGIB: Handshake Drugs, Kidsmoke, Hummingbird

From SBS: Either Way, Face, SBS, Seeds, Shake it Off, IG, Hate it Here, Walken

Probably missing a few songs, but god damn what a great show, in the rain. I can't wipe this grin off my face. The kids loved it (the kid, really, since the younger one got tired and had to leave mid-way through with my wife).

I truly love this band....

More later.

I am fairly positive i saw you guys it looked like you all were having a great time i was a couple rows back.

I've only seen wilco 5 times now but even with the rain i think last night was my favorite. I thought perhaps when they started off with so many songs in a row from the new album they might play the entire album straight through which would have been kind of cool.

I did not catch what jeff was saying at the end about one of the band members family being in the crowd was that Pat's parents in the 5th row? I was right in front them and whomever they were and seemed to be loving it.

Jeff was funny with his comments about playing till the rain stops... (loud applauds) then saying or until curfew :lol

Like i said i had a really good time and not enough can be said about Nels and his ability on the guitar. He really is a pleasure to watch. Everyone in the band seemed to be having fun.

Awesome show. I hope everyone made it in and out of town without any trouble.

Easily the rainiest concert I've'ever been to. I can still ring water out of the cash that was in my wallet.

I enjoyed Low. I was not familiar with their music. I thought they were well received relative to other opening acts I've seen at Chastain.

I've only seen wilco 5 times now but even with the rain i think last night was my favorite.

:thumbup

this made me smile...only 5 times, didn't expect a 5 after the word only, that was great! i agree, definitely one of my favorites as well. that was #4 for me (unless you count jeff solo shows), although by the end of this week i'll have doubled my wilco concert count.

best wilco show i have seen... the rain, the sound, the energy, the setlist... unreal night from the best band on earth.

i had great seats (thanks welch79) and my wife, who had not been to a show with me since '01 at the Roxy... and my sister in law, who had never seen the boys live were blown freakin' away. my wife informed me she would consider leaving me for glenn. i told her after his performance last night --- i might not blame her.

ending with outtasite was totally cool and via chicago sent chills up my spine. either way sounded beautiful as well... the entire night was one to remember.

last night's show was really really good. i had a blast despite the rain... "spiders" was cool.

we were right behind pat's family and they were really nice. his dad (i think it was his dad, maybe granddad) was having a ball, he was dancing and stuff, it was really cool.

i was disappointed that we didn't get on and on and on or pot kettle black, but that's ok... 'hate it here' was played! :w00t

and i guess it's safe to assume there wasn't a taper?

and i guess it's safe to assume there wasn't a taper?

There was a taper about five rows in front of me. I was in Row 14 pit, so he was probably somewhere between row 8 and 10 next to the center aisle. He had a small umbrella above his mics that appeared to be sufficient during the light rain, but I think he probably put his recording gear away when the heavy rain started. Maybe he was able to record the whole show...who knows?

i guess we'll see

sucks if the whole thing didn't get recorded... but it's understandable...

i got really tickled during hummingbird and i couldn't quit laughing... jeff's a funny guy...

and pat's mom was laughing at me because before they played "hate it here" i semi-yelled it and she turned around and said "you guessed it!" and they played it... she told me afterward that i was very enthusiastic... :lol

was able to get a couple good pictures, which is exciting... never done that at a wilco show. and some samll video clips from "via chicago" and "hate it here"

There was a taper about five rows in front of me. I was in Row 14 pit, so he was probably somewhere between row 8 and 10 next to the center aisle. He had a small umbrella above his mics that appeared to be sufficient during the light rain, but I think he probably put his recording gear away when the heavy rain started. Maybe he was able to record the whole show...who knows?

I was right in front of this guy - he was in row 9. He had the rig up the whole time, but I'm not sure what kind of tape he will get. His mikes were at about 3.5' off the ground. And the rain was loud enough at times to be heard over the music.

I was right in front of this guy - he was in row 9. He had the rig up the whole time, but I'm not sure what kind of tape he will get. His mikes were at about 3.5' off the ground. And the rain was loud enough at times to be heard over the music.

That should be a really interesting recording. Hopefully it'll become available at some point.

Yes,awesome show in the rain!---had such a good time that I had a dream about;;;;wish I could go to N.C tonight..

By the way, since I have not seen Wilco live before---did they play any rare tracks or was this a prettt standard set list?

Sarah,glad you had a great time...................package on the way!

:w00t

exciting!!

let's see, i thought it was pretty cool that they did Kamera... i don't think i've heard that one live before.

oh, one other cool thing, did anybody else notice nels practically throwing his guitar at one point?

and the faces he and jeff made at the end of "handshake drugs"? :pirate is the best way to describe it.

glenn standing at the beginning of ITMWLY was awesome. :wub

Yes,awesome show in the rain!---had such a good time that I had a dream about

i did too...

:lol