I had a great time at the show as well, but it seemed that the volume was a little low. Did anyone else feel the same? I know they have to be careful in the area as it is residential, but I was really close and thought it was soft, I can't imagine that it would sound that great from the back of the venue. Nevertheless, it was a blast and was well worth my cell phone getting fried from the water that accumulated in my pocket. (I needed a new one anyway)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show was awesome. I agree that the sound was not as good as it good have been. I think Outta Mind (Outta Site) was FTP since 01/29/2005 according to WilcoBase. Can anyone confirm? Here are a few shots from the show.

Enjoy!

J

http://flickr.com/photos/treetops78/575655164/

They played it Fri. night in Indy, and it ROCKED, I thought the sound was great at both Indy and Cincy but could have been louder

They played it Fri. night in Indy, and it ROCKED, I thought the sound was great at both Indy and Cincy but could have been louder

I got a complete tape and will post it soon. I put my mic stand just under the front edge of the canopy over the soundboard, and you can't really hear the rain. The canopy did sort of "trap" the crowd shouts and some conversation, but I think it'll be a pleasant listen overall. I'll post a link when I have it up.

RE: the volume, Chastain has strict limits on the volume, with fines for the bands if it goes over. Stan was having to watch a decibel meter the whole time, so his hands were tied on that.

I got a complete tape and will post it soon. I put my mic stand just under the front edge of the canopy over the soundboard, and you can't really hear the rain. The canopy did sort of "trap" the crowd shouts and some conversation, but I think it'll be a pleasant listen overall. I'll post a link when I have it up.

RE: the volume, Chastain has strict limits on the volume, with fines for the bands if it goes over. Stan was having to watch a decibel meter the whole time, so his hands were tied on that.

That is great news.

Thanks for taping.

Where are you going to post?

SUITES

Yes,awesome show in the rain!---had such a good time that I had a dream about;;;;wish I could go to N.C tonight..

By the way, since I have not seen Wilco live before---did they play any rare tracks or was this a prettt standard set list?

It was fairly standard. They did play either way which i don't think they have been playing often but i would not call it rare. A fairly standard wilco setlist is still a lot of fun though :dancing

Welcome to viachi Sloan. I have grabbed many a shows you have recorded over the years. Thank you KINDly for being the taper we all love.

For those interested Sloan has a sweet website:

Sloans Site

I had a blast NELS SIDE row 4. One of my fav concerts no doubt. Friend grabbed some great shots and will post 'em up when I get them.

InToDeep....good meeting you and ya Bro. Smiles all night.

I hope you front row people fell in a puddle leaving, LOL.......you guys appeared to be dry after the show.

Great show despite the rain. Unfortunately the people in front of us insisted on using umbrellas instead of ponchos or rain jackets and despite several people asking them to lower the umbrellas, my view was blocked for a lot of the show :(

Nels seemed to be struggling a little bit during the Impossible Germany solo, he kept having to wipe his hands off on his shirt but he still pulled it together after the beginning and continued to rock out for the remainder of the show.

I've now seen Wilco against two elements of mother nature - the relentless heat beating down on us at Bonnaroo, and then the relentless rain beating down on us at Chastain. Two excellent shows though, Kamera was a treat, as was Pot Kettle Black during the sound check.

i loved loved loved the start of the set. the songs felt strategically selected for the weather. "maybe the sun will shiiiiine today..."

hearing impossible in that downpour, with the gorgeous lights on the stage. damn, damn, damn. fucking BEAUTIFUL.

my chief complaint about the rain was that it was loud. during some of the quieter tunes (and due to the volume limit) the rain made it difficult to hear the music. not impossible. it also made the crowd less settled than usual. still: danced and danced. :dancing

jeff introduced pat's family as "clansone" :lol

at the end of the night, i was soaked to the core, despite having a bad-ass rain jacket and hat. stopped on the way back to the hotel for a few slices of fellini's pizza. and slipped into bed to watch "hudsucker proxy."

funny business: not only is all my stuff from last night still wet, but my whole hotel room is damp. i think the condenser blew out on the AC. even the paper feels icky. :yucky

I figured I'd get this started with the circle of friends/soundcheck

how to fight loneliness

shake it off

pot kettle black

on and on and on

:w00t nice!

I saw your rig. I was in the 19th row, seat 7. BTW, is the same Sloan that posts over at Digitalpanic.org? I know he is a taper also. Where were you sitting? I kept looking back to see who had that rig, so I could buy them a beer, but I never saw anyone by it. Anyway, thanks for taping a great show!

yay for the tapers!

in honesty, i almost felt overwhemled and light headed through most of the show, just trying to soak everything up, because wilco shows (and the music) is very much a cathartic thing for me (music therapy i guess). but i woke up with a smile on my face.

did anybody else get a poster. i framed mine just a minute ago and it's really pretty.

also :wave to evonne!

in retrospect, we could have fit you and courtney both down where we were as one of the people beside becca left the show completely after a few songs

I saw your rig. I was in the 19th row, seat 7. BTW, is the same Sloan that posts over at Digitalpanic.org? I know he is a taper also. Where were you sitting? I kept looking back to see who had that rig, so I could buy them a beer, but I never saw anyone by it. Anyway, thanks for taping a great show!

Hey, same Sloan. I was sitting on the end of the row next to the board.

I just listened to a little more of the recording, and the rain is a little louder than I first thought, but it's still not really distracting.

well there was one person who was soaked more than any of us....Sir Glenn Kotche.

:thumbup :worship

Hey, same Sloan. I was sitting on the end of the row next to the board.

I just listened to a little more of the recording, and the rain is a little louder than I first thought, but it's still not really distracting.

is there a way to use a noise reduction thing to clean it up?

and thank you for taping. :cheekkiss

it'll be nice to sit and listen to it in a dry situation! :lol

I had a great time at the show as well, but it seemed that the volume was a little low. Did anyone else feel the same? I know they have to be careful in the area as it is residential, but I was really close and thought it was soft, I can't imagine that it would sound that great from the back of the venue. Nevertheless, it was a blast and was well worth my cell phone getting fried from the water that accumulated in my pocket. (I needed a new one anyway)

I was noooooooot happy at all about the volume! That definitely sucked. Maybe it was the venues P.A. I heard Bonnaroo was bangin' loud. And the majority of the people there came to talk. I could barely hear Jeff sometimes because of the low volume mixed with soo many damn people talking. All in all, a great show in the rain...but definitely some downsides.

I totally loved how they opened up with Either way...perfect opener for a rainy show!

That little kid that knew all the words was cool too. I saw him backstage...he was the rockstar backstage. haha!

the video screens were just a few static angles from the lip of the stage. They focused mainly on Jeff and Cline.

Glad to see you weathered the storm and made the drive over, worth it? Hell yeah! I had Tickets to see tweedy solo last year one of the few shows that tour with GK on drums, It was cold as shit had a bad day at work and just did not have it in me(I know it's crazy) blew it off and have regretted it every since. Saw him later that tour (Knoxville) he was great/ no Glenn not the same show

Oh yeah WAR EAGLE! :thumbup

Either Way

You Are My Face

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Kamera

Handshake Drugs

Shot In The Arm

Side With The Seeds

Shake It Off

War On War

Jesus Etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

E1:) Via Chicago

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

E2:) Heavy Metal Drummer

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

best wilco show i have seen... the rain, the sound, the energy, the setlist... unreal night from the best band on earth.

i had great seats (thanks welch79) and my wife, who had not been to a show with me since '01 at the Roxy... and my sister in law, who had never seen the boys live were blown freakin' away. my wife informed me she would consider leaving me for glenn. i told her after his performance last night --- i might not blame her.

ending with outtasite was totally cool and via chicago sent chills up my spine. either way sounded beautiful as well... the entire night was one to remember.

glad it was a great show...i was a little worried when i was watching the weather radar. i was worried they would cancel the show or cut it short or whatever.

doesn't sound like the case, though! sounds like it was a great time.

wish i was there, but glad you enjoyed it, bourbonbreath.