I'm Always In Love (and ELT)

I don't hear this song get talked about a lot, but its my currently my favorite Wilco song. It's just so catchy and I love the lyrics. I don't know what it is about this song, but i've been listening to it constantly. Same thing with ELT, another song that I love, but don't hear get talked about. ELT has awesome lyrics too. The "Every Little Thing, Every Little Thing, Every Little Thing is gonna tear you apart" gets me every time.

"I'm Always In Love" is the first song I heard off of "Summerteeth," and I instantly fell in love with it. To this day, I think it's fantastic pop song, and it's up there in some of my favorite Wilco songs. In short, it's an amazing song.

With "ELT" I either like it sometimes or sometimes I don't. But if I had to choose another underrated song off of "Summerteeth," I would have to say "Candyfloss" since it is an unlisted track.

Those are both killer tracks, but my fave from that album remains the first.

I'm Always In Love, ELT, and Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway were the first songs from Summerteeth I got into, and remain some of my favorites.

I have to admit though, I prefer the faster, rockier, version of I'm Always In Love, like in IATTBYH.

I love both of these songs too. I love the last time Jeff sings I'm always in looooveee and his voice hits that high note. Live versions of this song always dissapoint me because I've never heard him really nail that last note. His voice has been sounding great lately so I'm sure its well within his range. ELT rocks also. God, Summerteeth is such a great album. just one awesome song after another.

I love both of these songs too. I love the last time Jeff sings I'm always in looooveee and his voice hits that high note. Live versions of this song always dissapoint me because I've never heard him really nail that last note.

The new version is the best thing ever, the mp3 that someone posted a while back is what got me back on the Wilco bandwagon after so much SBS disappointment navel gazery. I'm OK with not liking the new songs so much now if they play killer versions of the old ones like they did on that Bonnaroo stream.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
It's just so catchy and I love the lyrics.

Beautifully well crafted, well written, pure pop joy! Tweedy's sense of melody is incomparable and lyrically..well, as far as Tweedy goes, that's just stating the obvious. Another clear example of why this man is considered to be one of the finest writers of his generation...

love them both....

but please bring back When you wake up feeling old

This version of Wilco would be able to do an awesome version of this song, Mikael and Pat soloing away. Pieholden Suite could be done awesome by this version of the band as well.

I don't hear this song get talked about a lot, but its my currently my favorite Wilco song. It's just so catchy and I love the lyrics. I don't know what it is about this song, but i've been listening to it constantly. Same thing with ELT, another song that I love, but don't hear get talked about. ELT has awesome lyrics too. The "Every Little Thing, Every Little Thing, Every Little Thing is gonna tear you apart" gets me every time.

This whole album doesn't get the respect it deserves anymore.

Two words:

Jay

Bennett

I'm Always In Love, ELT, and Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway were the first songs from Summerteeth I got into, and remain some of my favorites.

exact same situation for me.

exact same situation for me.

All those songs are great... I have to say that the first track that really grabbed me from that album was the title track.

Like a cloud his fingers explode

On the typewriter ribbon, the shadow grows

His hearts in a bowl behind the bank

And every evening when he get home

To make his supper and eat it alone

His black shirt cries

While his shoes get cold

Guest Jules
I have to admit though, I prefer the faster, rockier, version of I'm Always In Love, like in IATTBYH.

The version on IATTBYH is amazing. I like that version a lot better than studio, they're just rocking it out.

Yes, and yes! I have thrown in the DVD just to watch this song on several occasions.

i'm always in love is currently spinning nonstop in my music collection as well. i feel summerteeth's title track doesn't get much respect, either, though, and that's an absolutely phenomenal song. the surreal lyrics, the impeccable chord progression, bennett's production, the ooohs and aaahhs at the end...how have they not performed this live since 2000?