• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, here's my video of

and here's a couple of shots of the moment of jeff serenading the older fellow mentioned above... who I was lucky enough to meet while in line. he's diehard fan.

hopefully, his daughter (hi becky!) will come on here and tell the story much better than I can!

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

HI all. I am new to this whole message thing so hopefully I get this right. I agree that this was an AWESOME show, but then again aren't they all. My dad is the aforementioned "older gentleman" that Jeff sang to. I was so overwhelmed with Jess Tweedy standing less than a foot away from me that the whole thing seems surreal. Actually, I was a big dork and actually got tears in my eyes. So, I guess being at the show with the oldest person there by far has it's advantages. Dad was a little mortified about being called a grandfather. He only has granddogs at this point. So anyway, off to the Boston show on Thurs (my b-day...not a bad way to spend it!!!!!!) and maybe Vermont on Fri. Thanks to Mark for telling me about this forum and I will be a frequent visitor form now on.

first off, here's my video of

and here's a couple of shots of the moment of jeff serenading the older fellow mentioned above... who I was lucky enough to meet while in line. he's diehard fan.

hopefully, his daughter (hi becky!) will come on here and tell the story much better than I can!

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Glad it was cleared up that I was NOT the older guy......not sure how old this guy is, but he is greyer than me.... :lol

I saw several older guys standing near the front actually. This was a nicely mixed crowd. I talked to a HS junior who was a couple rows in front of me.

LouieB

What a lovely looking venue! I wanted to go there last year and this as well, but haven't been able to swing it. Thanks for sharing pics and stories. Cheers to all of you who were there!

I greatly enjoyed this show -- a little closer than last year, and much cooler!

Lou, I think I was right behind you throughout the show -- a little too shy to introduce myself. We saw Pat in the park before the show, and my fiance had to drag me over cause I was too scared (Pat was very nice and polite, by the way).

Wilco sounded great, I feel like every time I see them they look happier. I could watch Glen on drums all day. They all sounded great, and Jeff looked younger somehow than the last time I saw them perform.

Highlights were Kamera (I really wanted to hear this live), Poor Places to Spiders and Jeff coming out into the crowd. The crowd around me was great -- definitely die-hard fans who weren't about shouting at the band or pushing people around. It was so cool to hear everyone singing along -- I couldn't even hear Jeff during the second encore.

I'll see if I can attach some of my pics -- most are pretty blurry ...

IMG_0512_edited.JPG

Lou, I think I was right behind you throughout the show -- a little too shy to introduce myself.

Jeff looked younger somehow than the last time I saw them perform.

hey I am not that scary.

I agree about Jeff looking younger than ever. Things could not be going better for him and the scene was exceptional.

LouieB

okay...I was front row...right in front of Nels...never dreamed I'd get to stand there! Two nights later, for Dylan (!!!) I walked up to the stage before the show just to see if my footprints in the grass were there...two little footprints of dirt...where the grass had all been stomped away...yes...it wasn't a dream after all but several hours of bliss...fantastic show!!! Nels DID go away to another world, I could see his eyes half-close...I most enjoyed watching him play with all the electronics, it was like watching an artist paint a picture...way way cool.

Thanks to whoever put up the torrent on etree...

Does anyone know how the hell to find out when VH1 will broadcast this show??

Nels DID go away to another world, I could see his eyes half-close...I most enjoyed watching him play with all the electronics, it was like watching an artist paint a picture...way way cool.

Glad someone else saw what I saw :thumbup

okay...I was front row...right in front of Nels...never dreamed I'd get to stand there! Two nights later, for Dylan (!!!) I walked up to the stage before the show just to see if my footprints in the grass were there...two little footprints of dirt...where the grass had all been stomped away...yes...it wasn't a dream after all but several hours of bliss...fantastic show!!! Nels DID go away to another world, I could see his eyes half-close...I most enjoyed watching him play with all the electronics, it was like watching an artist paint a picture...way way cool.

I have been checking VH1 on demand every ten seconds since Sun PM. Nothing yet....if I see anything I can post it. Off to Boston......

I was still in town for Dylan on Tuesday, too. His show was great, probably the best of all the times I've seen him, but there was a much different vibe in the crowd than there was for the Wilco show. Maybe it had something to do with the heat, but everybody around me was cranky. I ended up moving around a lot to get to a spot where I could see and wasn't near anyone rude.

Driving home today, I listened to Sky Blue Sky almost the whole way, a three and a half hour trip. Hearing the new songs live made me really love the album, even though I'd been a little lukewarm about it up to now. Most of my pictures aren't great, but I'll post a few of the better ones, and a video I took during Either Way. Nels is mind-blowing. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite guitarists. I really wanted to get down closer to watch him play, but our friends had their kids along.

Has anyone converted the torrent to mp3s? I have a small hard drive, so I don't download torrents, because I don't just want to leech. I have a few Wilco shows to trade, as well as a bunch of U2 shows if anybody can pass some mp3s of this show on to me.

Has anyone converted the torrent to mp3s? I have a small hard drive, so I don't download torrents, because I don't just want to leech. I have a few Wilco shows to trade, as well as a bunch of U2 shows if anybody can pass some mp3s of this show on to me.

PM sent :ninja. If anyone else needs it in mp3, send me a PM.

• 3 months later...