Led Zeppelin reunion??

That is funny. And you know those people pay 100 bucks or more to get those shows to the people. I have not grabbed any LZ shows in a long time. I think I have a whole cd case full of shows.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This latest one $350 -- crazy. It does look pretty cool, though.

http://ledzepnews.com/2017/08/02/led-zeppelin-deus-ex-machina-bootleg-empress-valley-seattle/

Their reasoning for pulling the torrent -- 'Robin hood' effect -  :rolleyes

Almost as soon as the set was released it was dropped on to sharing sites despite the label imploring people not to share lest the ‘robin hood’ effect takes away from the explosion of hubris that the label wanted from this release. How this immediate leak affects future releases, we’ll wait and see ..

not to mention the sticker on it.

DGNM6x1VwAA5EAU.jpg?w=1173

It still amazes me that someone has a soundboard tape from that era they they kept all these years. And then someone comes along and offers them money for it (I guess).

There's a good deal of Zeppelin (and other band's) material still out there. Most of it is in private trading circles and the general public will, at most, just hear rumors. As soon as somebody in the chain of people with a copy of a tape sells it, they devalue it for everybody else. That doesn't happen often...

I don't get the whole 'private trading circles' mentality.

That 3/21/75 show is a great show. The 'No Quarter', especially. 

Me neither. I have to imagine it's the thrill of knowing you have something that nobody else has?... I had a track of the LZ multis that wasn't distributed with the main batch and it was kinda exciting haha

• 4 weeks later...

Its an excellent show. Someone has a bunch of 75/77 stuff, and they come out every couple years.  

a lot of people think that 'someone' is Jimmy. as for a reunion, Plant has a new solo album coming out next month, so it wont happen. and they title single is called "May Queen".... go figure :)

That sort of sounds like one of those songs off of the No Quarter Page and Plant Unledded album.

that's probably why he released as a single!. When P&P released Most High as the first single from the Walking into Clarksdale album in 1997, it sounded like something from No Quarter - the rest album is forgettable and dated nowadays (a solo Plant album with a 'guest' guitarist)!

• 2 months later...

Imitating scratchy vinyl? That doesn’t make sense when it came out on vinyl already in 1970. Jest fuckin with the stoners?

I should've just wikipedia'd that shit:

There is a very faint count-off at the beginning of the track with lots of hiss which appears on the album version, but is trimmed from the single version. The hiss is feedback from an echo unit.

I guess they have changed their minds about using LZ songs in movies and TV shows. There are also some LZ songs in the new Netflix show Mindhunter. 

I have read some posts on another message board recently that suggests they may release some more live shows. 

I have read some posts on another message board recently that suggests they may release some more live shows. 

For God's sake, if they have HQ stuff available bring it on. We're not getting any younger.

I checked out Page's photo auto-bio this past weekend - a lot of cool pic's and such - a short narrative about the different era's, nothing earth shattering in the written narrative, though.

One could get through the entire book while listening to Led Zeppelin I. 

• 3 months later...