Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great article. glad to see jason is really trying to get the sound right etc. too many times these old bands play reunions and they just use what ever technology and studio musicians they can get and it just sounds so hollow. for example, the eagle's replacement dude for don felder. i mean, he just had a crunch to his playing that only he had. so with zep, i am glad they're getting the sound right. page plant was good, but it wasn't zep. not to mention that 'drums' have all but become a nonentity in music since the 80s. just all reverbed etc. at least some of the indy bands are trying to get back to that nice warm, dry drum sound from the 70s.

so that pic is just great! they all look awesome, especially page and plant. they are still cool rock stars comfy in their own skin and not caught up in any fads like in the 80s and 90s. just look at plant's hair through the years!

i am not expecting zep from 73. i love plant's voice now, especially on raising sand. so, lowering the keys of the tunes is no big deal to me. although it sounds like a nightmare for page, seriously. i think that's why they got into rearranging everything for the no quater project as they needed to change keys and that just makes the song sound different. now page is gonna sound great no matter what and of course jpj will lay it down. i hope they are making sure his low end is phat and high in the mix! my hope is that they do what sounds good now, given their age etc. and not try to kill themselves rocking out or for plant, hitting the high notes.

So here's to some really good intentional rock from the masters. custard pie, houses, in the light, rain song, for your life...all would be great nice and slow.

craig :thumbup

Funny how RS always dissed them - until that 70s issue a few years ago (I have it) and now, this new issue.

So true. Well, they still have Rush to kick around I guess. :pirate

Where's Bonzo?

Brains.jpg

(Sorry.)

Wilco's friend writes about Zep reunion:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/174...of_led_zeppelin

The Return of Led Zeppelin

Behind the scenes at the rehearsals for the biggest show of the year -- plus talk of a tour.

DAVID FRICKEPosted Nov 28, 2007 5:54 AM

On June 10th of this year, at 2:30 in the afternoon, the surviving members of Led Zeppelin

Report: Led Zep, Metallica For Bonnaroo

Led Zeppelin

December 03, 2007, 12:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Led Zeppelin will play its first U.S. show since July 24, 1977, this June at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn., according to an email published in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter. The report also says Metallica will headline the event.

Speculation about additional shows for Zeppelin, which will play a stated one-off Dec. 10 in London in tribute to late Atlantic founder Ahmet Ertegun, has been buzzing for weeks.

A Bonnaroo spokesperson had no comment on the email. A Led Zeppelin spokesperson could not be reached at deadline.

Summer Zeppelin shows would reportedly conflict with a tour by frontman Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, which is presently being booked. However, Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones has played at Bonnaroo on several occasions, most recently this summer when he jammed on his old band's songs with Ben Harper and the Roots' ?uestlove.

As for Metallica, Bonnaroo would likely provide a launching pad for the group's next album, expected sometime in 2008 via Elektra.

that's been rumored a while... but fwiw, Metallica have already denied it:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=86054

also, Pearl Jam will likely play at Bonnaroo this year

Pearl Jam would be cool. Metallica not so much. I like early Metallica, but its been a long while since I liked what they put out, so Metallica would be a bad choice for Bonnaroo. LED ZEP would be cool.

Hoping for another great lineup for Bonnaroo 2008.

Bonnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

Led Zeppelin

December 04, 2007, 3:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Led Zeppelin will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

"Led Zeppelin will play its first U.S. show since July 24, 1977, this June at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn., according to an email published in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter. The report also says Metallica will headline the event."

Wait a minute - Led Zeppelin plays it's first U.S. show in 20 years and Metallica is considered the headliner?

"Led Zeppelin will play its first U.S. show since July 24, 1977, this June at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn., according to an email published in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter. The report also says Metallica will headline the event."

Wait a minute - Led Zeppelin plays it's first U.S. show in 20 years and Metallica is considered the headliner?

they both would have been headlining a day... Bonnaroo is 3 days

LED ZEPPELIN

Olympia, Paris (France), 10.10.1969

First broadcast : 11.02.1969

Second Broadcast (not complete) : 07.12.2007

7 separate tracks, total time: 78'01" :

01 - Communication Breakdown

02 - I Can't Quit You Baby

03 - Heartbreaker

04 - Dazed And Confused

05 - White Summer/Black Mountain Side

06 - You Shook Me

07 - How Many More Times

Moby Dick was played but not broadcasted.

3 versions up at dime a dozen - this show was just re-broadcast on French radio