Weezer: Album Six

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't those leg braces though?

He had both. I want to say the leg braces were during the Blue album. He had braces on his teeth between Pinkerton and Green. I thought I read somewhere it corrected a lisp he had, which changed his singing voice.

He had both. I want to say the leg braces were during the Blue album. He had braces on his teeth between Pinkerton and Green. I thought I read somewhere it corrected a lisp he had, which changed his singing voice.

Yeah the leg braces were before Pinkerton, hence the x-ray inside my Good Life EP. Anyways yeah the braces thing makes sense. The first post-Pinkerton stuff, the Christmas EP, was by far the worst example of his "new" voice.

Yeah, the "I don't care a hoot about what you think" line is pretty terrible. And yet, somehow I still like the song.

This sort of encapsulates what I've felt about almost every weezer song since Green

Shitty lyrics...but, I kinda like it.

Lyrics have never exactly been Weezers strong point. They were pretty good on Blue and Pinkerton and they started going downhill with the release of Green.. By the time they got to Make Believe, my four year old son could have written better lyrics...

But still, I like the new song and hope to hear more of it.. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty damn excited about the new record.

Ok, I finally heard the new song in it's entirety. It starts off sounding kind of cheesy or "Make Believeish", but as soon as it kicks into the chorus, it totally rocks in that old fashioned Weezer that I love kind of way.. The guitar tone sounds cool too, but I can't fully judge it until I can hear it on a good stereo. That's another thing that let me down post-Pinkerton.. Rivers completely went half-ass on his guitar tone. The blue album had a fat, heavy guitar sound that I tried to re-create for years (and pretty much inspired me to learn guitar) and Pinkerton had that dirty, feedbacky sound... The guitar tone on Green through Make Believe just sounds like a standard Marshall like everyone else..

Again, pretty damn excited about this record.

Ok, I finally heard the new song in it's entirety. It starts off sounding kind of cheesy or "Make Believeish", but as soon as it kicks into the chorus, it totally rocks in that old fashioned Weezer that I love kind of way.. The guitar tone sounds cool too, but I can't fully judge it until I can hear it on a good stereo. That's another thing that let me down post-Pinkerton.. Rivers completely went half-ass on his guitar tone. The blue album had a fat, heavy guitar sound that I tried to re-create for years (and pretty much inspired me to learn guitar) and Pinkerton had that dirty, feedbacky sound... The guitar tone on Green through Make Believe just sounds like a standard Marshall like everyone else..

Again, pretty damn excited about this record.

"The band briefly considered self-producing, but were pressured by Geffen to choose a producer. They ultimately decided on Ric Ocasek. Cuomo: "I'd always admire The Cars and Ric Ocasek's songwriting and production skills."[9] During production, Ocasek convinced the band to change their guitar pickup from the rhythm pick-up to the lead pick-up, resulting in a brighter sound.[9]" - wikipedia

Solved. :thumbup

"The band briefly considered self-producing, but were pressured by Geffen to choose a producer. They ultimately decided on Ric Ocasek. Cuomo: "I'd always admire The Cars and Ric Ocasek's songwriting and production skills."[9] During production, Ocasek convinced the band to change their guitar pickup from the rhythm pick-up to the lead pick-up, resulting in a brighter sound.[9]" - wikipedia

Solved. :thumbup

this is weird to me since he produced Blue as well.

usually when an album is a success they try to recreate it.

this is weird to me since he produced Blue as well.

usually when an album is a success they try to recreate it.

I think that quote is referring to the Blue Album. It's the only album he produced for Weezer.

I think that quote is referring to the Blue Album. It's the only album he produced for Weezer.

he produced Green as well.

i remembered that clearly and just confirmed it by looking at the booklet.