6-26-07 - Warsaw, Brooklyn

No one's mentioning that Wishful Thinking somehow found its way back in too. Pretty killer.

:w00t

:thumbup

:worship

it looks like i may see them one more time this year, and if i do and they play it, it would be amazing...

all you brooklyn folks must be on could 9 today!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band really fed off the crowd. The crowd was amazing. Jeff looked so happy. John and Nels looked like they couldn't believe the energy from the crowd. Jeff had the crowd take over vocals in Jesus Etc and I have never heard it so loud. Same for Hummingbird. The crowd drowned Jeff out in parts of Either Way too. I think that explains the setlist in large part.

I sing my head off at every show. Stinks that we only get shows like this when everyone else does too. Sing along people!! You should know that makes the band happy. You will be rewarded for it.

I totally agree. I also think the band totally loves it when fans sing along with the new stuff, not just the old favorites.

I totally agree. I also think the band totally loves it when fans sing along with the new stuff, not just the old favorites.

Definitely. Jeff was clearly thrilled that the crowd was singing the new stuff as much as the old. You could see it in his face (and all their faces) that this was a special show. Thankfully, the crowd was MUCH better than at the Hammerstein. I was actually kind of disappointed with Monday's show - the crowd really ruined it for me.

But alas, I have been saved. My throat is killing me from singing and screaming - honestly, I would've cried if I wasn't smiling so damn much! On and On was beautiful...even the security guys in front of the stage were won over; they asked what it was called.

Best Wilco show I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship

The crowd was amazing. Jeff looked so happy.

The number of Jeff smiles per minute was at least 257 times higher than in the previous shows. That's just an estmate since I don't have my abacus with me.

We really have to meet up one of these days, Matt. What with Jon Brion and Wilco, we sure do end up at a lot of the same shows. I believe you must have been standing directly behind us at Hammerstein.

I also love the Warsaw, and its neighborhood and its staff.

I should mention again how wonderful that nieghborhood was -- people were amazingly generous and friendly, and they were hugely kind at my attempts to say "thank you" and what not in polish (grateful nod to bbop for serving as my language teacher). The manager of the venue treated the early door folks with all kinds of sweetness, versus the snarly distrust you often get. I'll even go so far to say that the charming behavior sets the tone, making it easier for Wilco to generate a giddy dance-y crowd. I love that place.

And thank you, Brianne, for your excellent co-pogoing.

Well, here is my first post at this forum. Thanks for the set list guys, looks just right. I have to say, this was one of the most amazing shows i have ever seen, and i have seen some fairly intimate shows from many artists.

This was my first Wilco show, i don't know if that is good or bad yet. Am i going to be letdown from here?!

I could have gone for Shake It Off, Heavy Metal Drummer and Misunderstood. But I AM NOT COMPLAINING. This was an AMAZING set. I have Boston tomorrow night to see if i can get those 3 that i wanted to here.

The crowd was absolutely nuts, the staff was great (couple free beers i got. GOOD BEERS RIGHT?!)

Jeff seemed like he was in amazing spirits. Nels was SOOO nasty last night its unbelievable. And the duel in Hoodoo was sick.

I am surprised there is no mention of the entire clapping interlude in Spiders. Surely that was one of the rarest things i have ever seen at any live show. To start a good solid clap, keep it on rhythm, speed it up, and just see them explode back into the bridge - WOW!

I am truly still mind blown right now. At work on 4 hours of sleep, but man was it worth it all!

**Taper was right in front of soundboard. He knew wtf he was doing and he said it would be about a week and we should see it on "bit torrent" - cause i asked where he was uploading and that was his response, and i mentioned BT.etree...so, we'll find it. Im sure its every show, but they did tape soundboard. ***

this thread is killing me to read after attending hammerstein. we just assumed it would be impossible to get tickets at the door for warsaw so we stayed away (did anyone have any luck at the door?? how did the id policy work out?) i called the venue regarding the id thing and they said they couldn't guarantee that they'd honor it so...sadly...we didn't go and work the line. boy, do i regret that right about now. :ohwell

Also, for people that went on Monday, I thought the sound at Hammerstein was way better. Way better.

It didn't matter that much, and I am not complaining, but if I were to complain about anything, it would be that the sound mix at Warsaw was less than ideal.

OMG, I loved this show. Went to Hammerstein the night before and this one was soooo much better. Pot Kettle Black and Theologians!!! What else is there to say?!! One thing I was so curious about, it was hot and humid last night and Jeff had his jacket on the entire show. I could see sweat pouring down his face, why didn't he take his jacket off?! lol

Does Superman remove his cape? :lol

I am going to snag this one for sure when it becomes available.

Interestingly, a few of my local friends had tix for this show but opted to see Ryan Adams instead. What a choice that would have been to make....

Also, for people that went on Monday, I thought the sound at Hammerstein was way better. Way better.

It didn't matter that much, and I am not complaining, but if I were to complain about anything, it would be that the sound mix at Warsaw was less than ideal.

Thank you for saying that. I caught them 3 times over the last week, but Hoodoo Voodoo is one of my faves and I am feeling pretty sad that i didn't get tickets to warsaw right about now.

So, even if it's not true... thanks for saying it.

I could have gone for Shake It Off, Heavy Metal Drummer and Misunderstood. But I AM NOT COMPLAINING. This was an AMAZING set.

yeah, i kept thinking how beautiful it would have been to end the night with Misunderstood (since the show took place in "my old neighborhood") that would've left me speechless.

but Outta Site... man oh man.

I am surprised there is no mention of the entire clapping interlude in Spiders. Surely that was one of the rarest things i have ever seen at any live show. To start a good solid clap, keep it on rhythm, speed it up, and just see them explode back into the bridge - WOW!

oh hell yeah. that was SO great.

everyone around me was jumping around.

i especially loved the group of people right in front of Tweedy

i was a little off to the right, in front of John, where some people clearly weren't have as much fun as i was, as far as body language goes.

i kept thinking, "man i should be over there with that group" haha.

and yeah yesterday was my first Wilco show as well and goddamn was it beautiful.

easily the best show i've ever been to because i felt so a part of it.

i remember thinking, "wouldn't it be cool if the crowd sang along to bits like in Kicking Television?"

well.. that was EVERY song for the night.

it was incredible. i didn't expect it.

the crowd was so into it and the band played on and on and on (pun intended)

so great seeing the guys live and that close up

and the sound at Warsaw wasn't that bad.

i heard everything loud and clear.

i want the recording. assuming there is a recording.

for the people that didn't go, you'll be shocked at the love you will hear.

unlike anything i've ever heard or experienced.

beautiful night.

As i stated in the end of my post, there was a taper there, and i spoke to him prior to their set and after, he said give him about a week and we will see it up somewhere...so just be on the search.. I was all the way in the back, right next to soundboard, thats why i thought the sound was excellent. I heard everything clearly....if u want the awe factor u stand close, if u want the best sound u take a hit with sight but get the sound 10X over....its worth it i think.

Edit: Regardless, the energy on stage and in the crowd could not be beat...

yeah i meant to erase the "assuming there is a recording"

i was just copy and pasting from something i posted earlier.

i bet the sound was great right next the SB.

it was my first show and i needed to be as close as possible, soaking it all in. haha.

haha yeah i was so stoked.

it didn't really sound bad at all up there. i heard everything clearly.

i guess the sound was pretty extraordinary back there.

was everyone singing along back there as well?

every word we sang was so loud.