6-26-07 - Warsaw, Brooklyn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, a few of my local friends had tix for this show but opted to see Ryan Adams instead. What a choice that would have been to make....

I had to make that choice, along w/ a friend who had purchased both sets of tix. We saw Ryan. Not my choice. He WAS very, very good & the venue - the Hiro - was awesome. But the setlist last night makes me wish I was there. Oh well...we knew it would be a good show! Glad it lived up to expectations!

There's always the west coast later this summer!

yea, a couple of people just chatting, but they eventually shut up, atleast no chatting during Sunken Treasure...which being the the first song i expected it to be a bit loud cause its so quite, but im sure 90% were real fans there, and jsut a couple donkeys...i was singing my ass off as was most in my area...so yea, the whole place was singing....

Wishful Thinking

Ashes of American Flags

OMG! when will i get to hear these two live? :blink

Hoodoo Voodoo

I can't wait to hear the dueling guitars... :yay

That is such a killer setlist, lucky folks indeed and God bless the tapers!! :wub

Wilco came on around 9:20 and played until 11:30ish. The sound in the Warsaw was absolutely fantastic (almost Ryman quality) and definitely better than the Hammerstien show. Although I can't complain because I was really happy with the Hammerstien show (set list and sound quality) especially after standing in the rain in Atlanta for 2 hours! Can't seem to get enough of the new album and when Hoo Doo Voo Doo was pulled out of the closet... that was the highlight for me of the musical weekend/week! The Warsaw setlist definitely felt special.

megan

Hi Megan! :wave You got tickets then...Yeay!

What's up?? Yes, we got very lucky and with the help of a friend (or two or three), got in. Thank goodness as I would have been a sad camper after seeing that setlist. All I have to say is thank god for Wilco! ;)

Can't wait for the Pumpkins in Asheville, NC on Monday and Tuesday!

megan

Re: sound at Warsaw - I was on the front rail directly in front of Nels and his amp. That might explain why the sound mix was off for me. Nels overpowered Jeff and Pat on guitar. Every Nels chord exploded out of his amp. In a good way, of course. But it just covered up the other guitars.

Also, Jeff was having problems with his amp for a couple of songs -- kept turning around, called the tech out to look at it, fiddled with the knobs, etc. Right? Um... right? :unsure

Whoa. A quick glance at WilcoBase: Why Would You Wanna Live--just the 4th time played since '02. ...

Wow, I had the last one of them.

(and it starts with .Sunken Treasure. too, great opening...)

But it seems to me, Warsaw was a very special mixture

of a dozen of my favourites from .Ashes Of American Flags. to .Outta Mind (Outtasite).

Yeah, the 2nd encore starts with . I Hate It Here. :worship

and then ... if I think about much longer I fall apart and break into pieces.

I think it will show up soon enough. :) All I can say after seeing this setlist is:

Sunken Treasure

Pot Kettle Black

Wishful Thinking

Why Would You Wanna Live?

Ashes of Am. Flags

Reservations

Hoodoo Voodoo

Great setlist! I wish Boston and Shelburne had that variety!