Toronto 6/30/2007

excellent show.. simply amazing. my girlfriend and i ended up about 10 feet back, directly in line with jeff. almost right behind kalle and bobfrombob, as it turns out. i met kalle in and earlier stage rush attempt, and he tipped me off to ron maclean. thanks for that, because i actually got a chance to meet him after the show in the aisle. we talked hockey and wilco for a couple minutes and i left with the most giant smile on my face..

anyone hear of a recording yet? my friend got video of everything up to walken, i think.. i'll share when he uploads it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also came from upstate NY and sat in the traffic... 75 miles in 5 hours... yeah, 15 miles and hour... Patience!

From Rochester? I sat beside you and your wife during Low but the siren call of the stage was too strong... Thanks for posting the pics and video.

Cheers

Here was the setlist for Toronto (in order, of course :pirate)

Paul -

Thanks so much for all the setlist updates. If our paths ever cross again out there on the road, the first round or three is on me!!!

:cheers :beer

Yeah! I was looking for other VC'ers only bobfrombob came and said hi, who were you?

I was sitting just behind you...was gonna say hi but just as I was about to you went up to the front of the stage. Didn't see you again after that.

How do you get to meet the guys after the shows? The security guy was a huge knob who kept kicking us out. Just ignore him?

i came from Grand Rapids, MI (about 7 hours each way) and it was so incredibly worth it. i couldn't contain my giddiness. thanks to everyone who posted pics and video, none of mine turned out great. also, i would love a bootleg, if anyone taped it.

it's not George Michael Bltuh, it's fashion model, Kristen McNemanyncg.jpg
To me she looks like Milla Jovovich.(There are only two or seven pics worldwide online from Kristen McNemany)
it's not George Michael Bltuh, it's fashion model, Kristen McNemanyncg.jpg
To me she looks like Milla Jovovich.(There are only two or seven pics worldwide online from Kristen McNemany)

Yeah I hope someone taped it. I got a copy of last years and it sounds great. There was a guy on the 1st balcony right side filming for the first half of the show until security made him turn it off. Other celebrity sightings: Avi Lewis (naomi klein's hubby & tv personality.)

from the Macleans Taste Police blog

http://forums.macleans.ca/advansis/?mod=fo...amp;ps=&sb=

The author, Marco Ursi, is an intern. I hope he gets more stuff posted.

'This is much better'

Aaron Wherry | July 3, 2007 | 13:52:02 | Permalink

aaron.wherry@macleans.rogers.com

This is from Marco Ursi, one of our hearty summer interns. In a rock criticism first, he may have actually paid for this ticket.

Aside from Pete Townshend, I can

Not much I can add that hasn't been said already. It was a great show by a great band at a prime moment in their careers.

I took the train up from Windsor, about a 4 hour trip each way, just for this concert - and it was worth it! :thumbup

Was too far away during the show to get any decent pics with my digicam, which didn't stop me from trying a couple of times. However I was lucky enough to meet the band after the show. They signed autographs, posed for pictures, and chatted a bit. Great guys. Jeff wished us a happy Canada Day, which by this point in the evening (morning?) it already was. And it was! When asked if they were planning on returning to the Detroit area Glenn said absolutely and that a mid-west tour would be happening at the end of the year. Fingers crossed they play the State theatre (the Fillmore? I guess it's name changed), or the Opera House, which I hear is nice too.

My wife and I had to sell our 3rd row seats, so we've got our fingers crossed for a Deetroit (or as they say in Canada Detroy-it) date this fall. The State would be killer, but far too small. I could live with the opera house. Shit, I'd be happy without having to drive more than 2 hours (though we would).

I'm beginning to think there were no tapers at this show...

I was in the left balcony and I am pretty sure I saw someone taping...he was taping his wires to the floor (he was sitting about three rows back), and had some mics past the balcony railing...hopefully these recordings will surface soon, I can tell you the sound from were we were sitting was killer!

Other celebrity sightings: Avi Lewis (naomi klein's hubby & tv personality.)

jnickerson's true identity is finally revealed! :lol

I had to laugh at the list of typical Canadian celebrities: the host of Hockey Night in Canada, a singer-songwriter, and a left-wing documentary filmmaker who works for the CBC.

Sounds like there was quite a few Rochestarians at the show. Me and my wife were in Row D.

We drove back on Sunday and it took us an obscene amout of time to get back. Traffic was crawling almost the whole way to the border.

All worth it though. :)

I have a few photos on my flickr page here:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/8073928@N04/W12P4u

I am shouting out for my ex-wife from Roch-cha-cha who was there also (she's not on the board here). She and her friend were in Row P and they said that there couldn't have been a bad seat in the house. I've seen the band 7 times and she only once, so I stayed in town with our boy, and they went up and had a great time. Sounds like the guys were hot and in a good mood and I am looking forward to another Northeastern swing from them before this is all said and done. Traffic report - their aprox. average mph on the return trip was 21. Beauty, eh?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the free chocolate, as it was clearly the best part:P. Heheh, kidding, it really was an awesome show, it was my first time seeing them and my friend's second, and he said they were much better than last year when he saw them. I'd love to get a copy of this show if there was a taper!