wondering how young(or?) are we at VC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until I'm at least forty...any younger than that and people expect you to be "cool & sexy." "Cool & sexy" is just too much useless work, I'm going to start working on "old and wise" as soon as I can.

Amen... and the best part is that as the wisdom sets in, you DON'T CARE ANYWAY. If my 44 year old friends think it's weird that I listen to Wilco, I really don't care. And if my 15 (or 13 or 12) year old kid thinks it's weird that I go to Kroger's in my slippers, well, I don't much care about that either.

Oh, yeah - 45 next month.

i'm 31 (although it doesn't feel like it).

i have been slowly introducing my mom to wilco and she has officially moved into the 100% fan category. after buying all of their albums recently, she discovered YouTube, it's only a matter of time before she joins VC. she will be 59 in Sept. will she have you beat Lou? :) (not that it's a competition)

I can't wait until I'm at least forty...any younger than that and people expect you to be "cool & sexy." "Cool & sexy" is just too much useless work, I'm going to start working on "old and wise" as soon as I can.

Wow, this sounds like me almost 15 years ago when I was in grad school and wanted to be taken seriously. :rolleyes :lol Now that 40 is just over the horizon (crap!), it doesn't seem quite as appealing.

Wow, this sounds like me almost 15 years ago when I was in grad school and wanted to be taken seriously. :rolleyes :lol Now that 40 is just over the horizon (crap!), it doesn't seem quite as appealing.

Ibid on that. They say 40 (got about four more months until) is the new 30, and I am in fact having a grossly extended adolescence - I have yet to be convinced there's any percentage for me in growing up - but shit, man, I really wish my hair wasn't going so gray.