Official Doctor Who discussion thread

as i'm finally just about caught up on Doctor Who, wondering if i should check out torchwood. they actually have both seasons at my library...i was going to grab it last night, but someone nabbed it before i got there.

watching the first three seasons of who on DVD provided several moments of absolutely giddy geektitude for me. 'school reunion'...the doctor and sarah in that coffee shop while joy division plays in the background. i smiled for hours. 'human nature/family of blood' and 'blink' were fucking genius. the master returns?! just wow.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doctor not knowing himself was intense, he's walking around looking like him but minus all his usual enthusiasm and confidence. Sad, sad, sad. It really does make you appreciate what a great job Tennant does with the part.

I enjoyed Torchwood. I went into it in love with Capt. Jack already so that made it easy for me to dig. I think I may rewatch them soon in prep for the new stuff that'll come out eventually.

Yet another article featuring a photo and brief description of each doctor.

A Who's Who of Doctor Who

By John Scott Lewinski

When Matt Smith stepped into Doctor Who's title role as the 11th Doctor this weekend, he went from British character actor to potential entertainment legend.

The 10 actors who preceded Smith during the sci-fi show's 45-year run are forever linked to the part of The Doctor; some even parlayed the BBC role into a lasting place in pop culture history. Each brought something unique to the role of a benevolent alien traveling through the universe in a stolen time machine, fighting for justice against myriad alien foes.

Smith, 26, will take over from current Doctor, David Tennant, who leaves the show at the end of 2009. Smith, pictured, will first play the Time Lord in the 2010 season.

Hop in the Tardis and take a trip through time with this gallery of Doctors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought it was quite good, and on par with the Christmas epsidoe. I got chills at the "He'll knock 4 times" line.

saw an interview with RTD and he said that Bernie Cribbins will be the companion for the 2 part christmas finale!

I thought that was great. Nice sense of impending doom - the less they showed what was coming the scarier it was. I wish they hadn't just killed off the fly guys :-(

I definitely like Christina as a companion, she was cool. She looked a bit like Gwen from Torchwood to me. Maybe we'll see her again. Or maybe she'll just change her name to Mrs. Frazzle and ride on the Magic School Bus.

It just reinforces the tired stereotype that people who don't look like humans are expendable.

RTD actually said he had to kill them off because he didn't know what to do with them once they got back to Earth. In essence it was a bit more convenient to kill them off then write a scene where U.N.I.T. has to deal with them.

RTD actually said he had to kill them off because he didn't know what to do with them once they got back to Earth. In essence it was a bit more convenient to kill them off then write a scene where U.N.I.T. has to deal with them.

Why would UNIT deal with them? The doctor can drop them off on their home planet in the Tardis. They don't even have to show that, they just walk into the box.

Why would UNIT deal with them? The doctor can drop them off on their home planet in the Tardis. They don't even have to show that, they just walk into the box.

I have no idea. You you will have to talk to RTD about that one. I just report the news I don't make it up. If you watch the confidential you see what he says about it.

That's what I thought was going to happen before they were whacked.

i think i liked this one even better than the x-mas special...just a little bit though. only problem is, with each great special it's making me bummed about Tennant and RTD leaving after x-mas. seriously, the entire reboot, especially season 2 on, is some of the best TV i've ver watched. period.

• 1 month later...

So they have cast the new Doctor's companion, this is for Doctor 11 (Matt Smith). This is for the upcoming full series not the remaining David Tennet specials.

Karen Gillian. I don't know anything about her expect she has red hair. Could be interesting, hopefully they don't do another Rose thing though. At least it isn't Lilly Allen.

Also here is the trailer for the next special

. Which is expected late November.
  • 1 month later...