• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my god.

Though I think it sets up Jack meeting the Doctor somewhere in space

and

is this the end of Torchwood?

I think he's definitly going to meet the new Doc and probably flirt with him. If there's more Torchwood lined up, I haven't seen anything about it yet. Seems tough to pull off...Ianto!!!

Matt Smith's costume are relieved in this short segment from the BBC.

interview with Benjamin Cook and Lizo Mzimba

For those of you who don't want to sit through 7 mins of Brits talking Doctor Who, here is one of the pictures.

article-1200883-05C6E1B8000005DC-445_468x698.jpg

What you can't see is his shoes which are shown here:

article-1200883-05C6E1D6000005DC-104_468x565.jpg

And for fun, here is Matt Smith and the Sonic Screwdriver (which is new as well).

s5-filming23.jpg

Yes my god.

Though I think it sets up Jack meeting the Doctor somewhere in space

and

is this the end of Torchwood?

just like the River pics I couldn't find, a month or so back I saw photos of John Barrowman on the set of one of the upcoming DW specials.

as far as Torchwood's future is concerned, I'm hoping they announce something this weekend at SDCC

just like the River pics I couldn't find, a month or so back I saw photos of John Barrowman on the set of one of the upcoming DW specials.

as far as Torchwood's future is concerned, I'm hoping they announce something this weekend at SDCC

I heard that was a "fake" and John Barrowman said he just likes to go to the grocery store dressed as Cpt. Jack. Yeah sounds weird to me too.

I liked the Torchwood special a lot, and I'm looking forward to the last couple Tennant specials.

I like shows where its a possibility that the main characters can die, so I respect the decision to kill everyone off.

so yeah a big weekend in Who land from comic con.

First:

Second

Alex Kingston returns which we already new but now it is confirmed

and Third

New Waters of Mars trailer

three_time_lords.jpg and Timothy Dalton is playing a time Lord.

also, before the last two Doctor Who specials, Tennant is guest starring in a two part Sarah Jane Adventures story

• 4 weeks later...

I finally watched the last Torchwood season here in the US. I think Gwen and Jack have always been the heart of the show, so as long as they're alive (well, Gwen at least) there's always the possibility for more Torchwood. Plus, in the "Special Features" section RTD said he thinks its possible for Jack to have more in him, so I'm fairly sure there will be another season. Plus, didn't they set it up for Lois and Micky to join at some point?

I finally watched the last Torchwood season here in the US. I think Gwen and Jack have always been the heart of the show, so as long as they're alive (well, Gwen at least) there's always the possibility for more Torchwood. Plus, in the "Special Features" section RTD said he thinks its possible for Jack to have more in him, so I'm fairly sure there will be another season. Plus, didn't they set it up for Lois and Micky to join at some point?

It is pretty assured that Torchwood will be back. And RTD said in an interview that there is no way Torchwood can continue without Jack. Mickey was and Martha where supposed to be in Children of Earth, but scheduling didn't work out I guess.

Who is Lois?

It is pretty assured that Torchwood will be back. And RTD said in an interview that there is no way Torchwood can continue without Jack. Mickey was and Martha where supposed to be in Children of Earth, but scheduling didn't work out I guess.

Who is Lois?

Ah, scheduling explains it.

Lois Habiba was the temp at the Home Office who helped out Torchwood by wearing the contacts that recorded everything and then confronted the Council about the plan. When she was meeting Gwen the first time Gwen said something to the effect of "after this is over, come see me about a job." So it seemed like it might be a setting up for her to get into the show.

Ah, scheduling explains it.

Lois Habiba was the temp at the Home Office who helped out Torchwood by wearing the contacts that recorded everything and then confronted the Council about the plan. When she was meeting Gwen the first time Gwen said something to the effect of "after this is over, come see me about a job." So it seemed like it might be a setting up for her to get into the show.

Right-o. I kinda forgot about her. She would be good in the show.

Having been set up to do so by the conclusion of their storylines in "Journey's End", Freema Agyeman and Noel Clarke were due to reprise their roles as Martha Jones and Mickey Smith respectively, but were unable to due to "scheduling issues". Davies explains that Agyeman was cast in Law & Order: UK before Children of Earth had been officially commissioned. Because Law & Order offered her 13 episodes a year, she went with that over Torchwood which had been reduced to 5. In response, Davies created the character of Lois Habiba, played by Cush Jumbo, to be a "kind of a Martha figure", one with added innocence who is out of her depth. Agyeman doesn't rule out returning to the show at a later date, however. Should Agyeman's career permit, Davies might like to have her back in a hypothetical fourth series. In the third series, Jack and Gwen explain Martha's absence by saying that she is on her honeymoon.
  • 2 months later...

Waters of Mars was fun. I watched it with the lights off by myself and I thought those were some of the creepier baddies theyve had in the new series. The ending was a little odd. The mad-with-power doctor seemed strange to me, and even though it stemmed from his desire to save more people, it didn't feel 100% right. Perhaps they are setting something up for the series finale though - something about him paying for trying to mess with time or sacrificing a regeneration to not be the last of the timelords. Overall, a solid little piece though nothing substantial.... I'm not looking forward to Tennant leaving.

P.S. I loved the Ice Warriors namecheck.

Waters of Mars was fun. I watched it with the lights off by myself and I thought those were some of the creepier baddies theyve had in the new series. The ending was a little odd. The mad-with-power doctor seemed strange to me, and even though it stemmed from his desire to save more people, it didn't feel 100% right. Perhaps they are setting something up for the series finale though - something about him paying for trying to mess with time or sacrificing a regeneration to not be the last of the timelords. Overall, a solid little piece though nothing substantial.... I'm not looking forward to Tennant leaving.

P.S. I loved the Ice Warriors namecheck.

Overall loved the episode. It was classic Russel T Davis, great idea for a story, but the execution had some major flaws. The Dalek thing was interesting but it didn't make sense if you think about it, for too long.

On the Timelord Victorious thing, I am surprised it took the Doctor this long to finally snap. I mean his entire race has died and the Daleks just keep coming back. I'd prolly go off my rocker. It showed that he needs a companion to keep his ego and moral in check. Though one would wonder what Donna would have done in this case.

Needless to say I can't wait until Christmas. The preview looks badass.

The Christmas preview does look totally badass. Maybe the Timelord Victorious thing is supposed to help us let go of Tennant, if they can make him go a little whack here at the end it won't hurts as much to see him go? I'm gonna miss that silly looking fox so much.

• 1 month later...

That was one of the better episode endings I've seen. (And I've seen every Dr. Who episode available) I thought Timothy Dalton was going to end up being the Black Guardian and the old lady in the television was going to be the White Guardian, but the Time Lords reborn is even more exciting.

Maybe the Doc is going to have to kill off his race to save the humans. Wouldn't that be fun.