Official Doctor Who discussion thread

Agreed - too short, but a nice ending with Tennant saying "you were my Doctor". They should really do some kind of Three / Five Doctors spin off show again, that would make a great Christmas show.

As for Lily Allen... well, her Dad is the Sheriff of Nottingham at the moment, so I guess anything is possible...

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, that made me happy. I loved the high five attempt and their exchange about the Master:

5th Doctor "Has he still got that rubbish beard?"

10th Doctor, "No, no beard at all..well he does have a wife."

brilliant!

Yeah, I loved that as well, but technically, if the 5th doctor remembers how to save the tardis in this short, he should also remember that the Master is still alive once he becomes the 10th doctor, and shouldn't have been surprised earlier in the season! :stunned

Billie Piper is coming back!

Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.

She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.

Piper left Doctor Who last year, when she was transported into a parallel universe.

Awards

Her character had proven a hit and the star won a number of awards for her performances. She was named most popular actress at the National Television Awards in 2005 and 2006.

A separate show based on Rose had been planned by writer and series producer Russell T Davies, but was scrapped when Davies decided the programme was "a spin-off too far".

Filming is currently under way in Cardiff for the new series of Doctor Who, which sees the Doctor meeting an old group of enemies - the Sontarans - 35 years after first encountering them.

Before that, the programme will return to television screens at Christmas with a special episode set on the Titanic, which will co-star singer and actress Kylie Minogue.

that's awesome news, I always liked Rose. Her chemistry with Tennant was great.

slightly off topic:

BBC America is airing the final episodes Torchwood's first season. Bilis Manger is one of the creepiest bastards I've ever seen.

Rose's return is great news! Thanks! I've been re-watching season 2 on BBC America, and the two-part finale aired this weekend (the first part). Part 2, and Rose's last ep, is next weekend. Now I don't have to be so glum (again)!

• 2 weeks later...
we're getting Torchwood series 2, starting in January. I'm excited that we don't have to wait forever, for BBC America to begin airing it.

Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed Torchwood, some eps were better than others, but overall a good watch. It just ended on BBC America, so very surprising that season 2 will start up so soon.

Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed Torchwood, some eps were better than others, but overall a good watch. It just ended on BBC America, so very surprising that season 2 will start up so soon.

saw an ad tonight, January 26th. :thumbup

I don't think that's much after we get it, though I've not seen a confirmed date for it yet. There were some great episodes on season 1 but also some utter shite. Could be interesting to see how Martha Jones fits into it all...

the Cyberwoman episode was the worst of them in my opinion followed by the 2nd episode (with the alien that possed people and made them have sex) other than those, I was happy with season 1.

Those were definitely the worst episodes. In fact, as it reached it's conclusion (apart from the massive, sub-Buffy giant devil thing in the final episode) it got a lot better. Fingers crossed it carries on from there.

Not much on the official site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/ apart from the Heroes / Torchwood cross-over trailer.

Those were definitely the worst episodes. In fact, as it reached it's conclusion (apart from the massive, sub-Buffy giant devil thing in the final episode) it got a lot better. Fingers crossed it carries on from there.

Not much on the official site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/ apart from the Heroes / Torchwood cross-over trailer.

hopefully, Billis Manger shows up again.

• 1 month later...
You guys been following Torchwood?

Hasn't started too badly so far. Still a bit rubbish in places but it's obvious they've had more money to spend on sets / special effects this time around.

yeah the special effects this season have been very impressive, and some of the stories i have enjoyed. I wish theyd learn how to work in homosexuality/bisexuality into the script believably instead of throwing it in the viewers face, but still, enjoyable stuff.

BBC America has aired the first two episodes and tt's been good so far. They need to explain some of the bi/gay/omni sexual stuff. Just throwing it out there week after week is kind of pointless. It doesn't really move the story along in any way.

OT, what did you guys think of Life on Mars and has the spin off started airing yet?