Official Doctor Who discussion thread

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss him already.

I want someone to do it for like 7 or 8 years so we really get a good run. Seems like everyone gets afraid of being typecast. Oh boo hoo, you have millions of adoring fans. Shut up and sonic screwdriver those cybermen!!!!

i read something over the weekend that patrick troughton (Doctor #2) advised peter davison (Doctor #5) to stay in the role no longer than 3 seasons due to typecasting.

I have heard that story as well, I believe it is true. I think almost all the Doctors will be remembered most for being the Doctor. Troughton was in a few US movies like The Omen and some Harryhausen movie (Sinbad?). Davidson and Baker have had good (british) TV roles since Who, and Eccleston is probably the best off of all Doctors, although Tennant has had some fine roles as well. Meh.

I miss him already.

I want someone to do it for like 7 or 8 years so we really get a good run. Seems like everyone gets afraid of being typecast. Oh boo hoo, you have millions of adoring fans. Shut up and sonic screwdriver those cybermen!!!!

:yes
I have heard that story as well, I believe it is true. I think almost all the Doctors will be remembered most for being the Doctor. Troughton was in a few US movies like The Omen and some Harryhausen movie (Sinbad?). Davidson and Baker have had good (british) TV roles since Who, and Eccleston is probably the best off of all Doctors, although Tennant has had some fine roles as well. Meh.

Rumors abound that Tennant may be tapped for the next Batman movie, as the Riddler. But that is just a rumor and based on something I saw one the internet. Go ahead google David Tennant Batman.

Now that you are back, I think Tennant will have the best luck as an actor outside of Who. His stock has risen with Who (with it's airings on SciFi and BBCAmerica, which no other doctor really has had), but also his run on stage as Hamlet, his work in the Harry Potter Movies, and some other Brit TV stuff he is positioned himself to be come very big here in the states. I suspect David will be a pretty big star soon.

Rumors abound that Tennant may be tapped for the next Batman movie, as the Riddler. But that is just a rumor and based on something I saw one the internet. Go ahead google David Tennant Batman.

Now that you are back, I think Tennant will have the best luck as an actor outside of Who. His stock has risen with Who (with it's airings on SciFi and BBCAmerica, which no other doctor really has had), but also his run on stage as Hamlet, his work in the Harry Potter Movies, and some other Brit TV stuff he is positioned himself to be come very big here in the states. I suspect David will be a pretty big star soon.

I think David will do alright, although I don't really see him ever being a household name on this side of the pond. He's definitely got the acting chops, and I'm sure he'll get plenty of roles, just not "leading man" in a big hollywood piece. I hear that he has a bad back injury and had to pull out of Hamlet.

I think "The Next Doctor" is my favorite Christmas special so far. An interesting mystery to start off, and it was nice to see the Doctor without a companion playing a different sort of role in the story.

I only just got around to watching "The Next Doctor" this evening. Stinking Christmas festivities kept me from watching sooner! The Doctor had some glorious hair moments during the last bit of the special. :wub

I can't wait to see this. I think i'll be able to watch on Sunday!

I've tried to decide which special is my favorite but they're really all just too good. The sword fight in the jim jams from "The Christmas Invasion" then the whole "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below..." "Voyage of the Damned" bit make it hard to say this year was better than those.