Official Doctor Who discussion thread

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patterson Joseph is who the smart money is on. But a name that has been blowing around for the last couple of days is Matt Smith. I don't know who he is, but he is young and he looks like this:

12104.jpg

Score! Did I not call it?

At 26 he is the youngest Doctor. Wonders how he will fair.

I haven't seen the Confidential episode yet (waiting for it to be "out there"), but judging by photos and stuff, I'm never going to develop the mega-geek crush I have on Ten for Matt Smith. :yucky

He'll have his work cut out for him after Eccleston and Tennent, but we'll see. Haven't seen him in costume yet, and haven't seen him act, so I'm more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It should be me.

LOTardisSmall.jpg

(For my birthday, my friend made me this coloring page where she replaced Billie Piper with me. :D )

We have similar friends (or we both have friends that know us well)

One of my friends drew a watercolor picture of the doctor + Tardis for me last christmas.

Don't laugh. It ain't funny! I'd be a kickass companion. :lol

I'm no Martha Jones but I'm definitley cooler than Donna Noble.

I don't know, Martha was sorta like Rose-Lite, while Donna turned out to be pretty awesome.

I love Rose but when she came back with those freaky teeth it made me love her a little bit less. I dig Donna too and Martha (who probably gets bonus points with me for showing up on Torchwood). They've all got a lot going for them. I guess I didn't compare myself to Rose because you can't beat her where "chemistry" with the Doctor is concerned. Plus, she did that whole "looked into the Tardis" gave Jack eternal life thing. They're all so badass. I've been playing Doctor Who Barbies with my kid tonight so I'm in geek-girl gushy love for Doctor Whoness overdrive right now. :wub

I love Rose but when she came back with those freaky teeth it made me love her a little bit less. I dig Donna too and Martha (who probably gets bonus points with me for showing up on Torchwood). They've all got a lot going for them. I guess I didn't compare myself to Rose because you can't beat her where "chemistry" with the Doctor is concerned. Plus, she did that whole "looked into the Tardis" gave Jack eternal life thing. They're all so badass. I've been playing Doctor Who Barbies with my kid tonight so I'm in geek-girl gushy love for Doctor Whoness overdrive right now. :wub

yeah, the caps sorta threw me for a loop, she couldn't speak properly. I thought Martha was much better on Torchwood and I'm kinda pissed that Freema took the gig on Law and Order: London (or whatever it is).

Question: Are the 6 episodes that comprise the "Key to Time" series considered good, by Dr. Who fans?

They were all available thru Netflix on the XBox 360, so I put them in the queue.

they're awesome. and it's not 6 episodes, it's an entire season.

Question: Are the 6 episodes that comprise the "Key to Time" series considered good, by Dr. Who fans?

They were all available thru Netflix on the XBox 360, so I put them in the queue.

For Classic Who they ain't bad. Though if you are not familiar with Classic Who the acting, sets, and special effects will seem well bad. A pretty good review is found here

they're awesome. and it's not 6 episodes, it's an entire season.

Good to hear. There are 6 discs in the series, so there must be more than one episode per disc though it's not clear. According to Wikipedia, I've got the whole "Key to Time" story.

For Classic Who they ain't bad. Though if you are not familiar with Classic Who the acting, sets, and special effects will seem well bad. A pretty good review is found here

Thanks. All I know about the show is old stuff - havent seen the new one. I remember liking the Tom Baker episodes when I was really young.

Good writing can make up for lack of special effects, sets, etc. (see every episode of The Twilight Zone as evidence).

Good writing can make up for lack of special effects, sets, etc. (see every episode of The Twilight Zone as evidence).

If memory serves Douglas Adams wrote a couple of the episodes, so you got your good writing right there.

B2261.jpg
A-freakin'-dorable. If you're ever feeling reallllly geeky, you can check out the craftacular action at this livejournal group. Some of the stuff that gets posted is less than spectacular but most of it makes me totally jealous that I don't have my own Doctor Who puppets and stuff to play with.

For those who torrent, the Goem site has freeleech until the 15th and they've got loads of classic Who.