Where to start with The Grateful Dead?

Reviving a topic from a page or two back, I downloaded the Sunshine Daydream movie and just gave it a first viewing and have to agree with all the descriptions I've read. That kind of scene seems so alien these days. Having been born just a few years too late to experience anything that, its kind of hard to believe that it existed at all. A very neat thing to watch. Thanks for the tip, guys. :wave

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we get closer to the Deadhead's favorite holiday the question presents itself: what is your favorite GD NYE show?

I actually taped this one off the radio as it was happening, but I think I ran out of blank Maxells shortly before it ended:

http://www.archive.org/details/gd85-12-31....9627.sbeok.shnf

12/31/85 - Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum

Set I: Not Fade Away-> Touch Of Gray, Tons Of Steel, CC Rider, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Cassidy-> Brown Eyed Women, Let It Grow

Set II: Midnight Hour-> Sugaree, Women Are Smarter, Ship of Fools, Playin' In The Band-> Terrapin Station-> Drums-> Truckin'-> Black Peter-> Throwing Stones-> Not Fade Away, E:Not Fade Away-> E: Turn On Your Love Light, E: Brokedown Palace

Pretty fun show, although you can really hear the smack taking a toll on ol' Jer's vocals ....