Michael Vick indicted

I think I was in 6th grade when I first realized that jocks, those future football players, etc, were maybe not the best role models. I think it occurred to me while witnessing some hapless victim being suspended by his Fruit of the Looms, while another asshat repeatedly hit him in the sack with a polystyrene bataka. What brought about this punishment? The simple fact that he existed.

That kid would've killed two people in a drunk driving accident the night of his 18th birthday if those boys had not done that.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I was in 6th grade when I first realized that jocks, those future football players, etc, were maybe not the best role models. I think it occurred to me while witnessing some hapless victim being suspended by his Fruit of the Looms, while another asshat repeatedly hit him in the sack with a polystyrene bataka. What brought about this punishment? The simple fact that he existed.

You couldn't find an Andrew Sullivan article that addressed this subject?

Wait, high schools like GON's actually existed?

I thought John Hughe's made that stuff up.

6th grade was junior high, by high school, the jocks had moved on to blunt-handle sodomy and ritual sacrifice. The Locke Junior High School was not a pleasant place. Once, upon entering the bathroom, I watched in horror as Ron Gardener was grabbed by the shoulders, and then sort of rocket launched up into and through the easily perforated drop ceiling – I quickly excused myself and sought bladder relief elsewhere.

This was the sort of school that when it was determined that so and so was going to fight so and so behind the school at such and such time, the fucking teachers would pencil it into their schedules, and then like, show up and cheer right there next along side their students.

A fucking nightmare is what it was.