Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

It sounds like something that would be a bit difficult to replicate exactly the same way. I could just think that though because of how great it sounds on the record.

I love when the bass comes in as soon as the lyrics start. It makes me really, really happy for reasons I can't explain.

Jeff's probably afraid it would be a snoozer live.

He's stated at one of the living-room shows that he's adverse to playing songs that require him to sing in a lower key (e.g., Pot Kettle Black, Kamera (with lower octive)) because he feels like the crowd's not into them as much.

Jeff's probably afraid it would be a snoozer live.

He's stated at one of the living-room shows that he's adverse to playing songs that require him to sing in a lower key (e.g., Pot Kettle Black, Kamera (with lower octive)) because he feels like the crowd's not into them as much.

It's a snoozer on the album and the first song since "My Darling" I skip with a religious fervor.

I'll second Scalzunfield here. Easily my least favorite song on SBS. If they just would have substituted LNGCA for Leave Me..

Probably my favorite song on Sky Blue Sky. I really don't understand how anyone could not like it. :no

Me too. But like I said before, the rhythm guitar on this song is kind of herky-jerky and I bet it wouldn't come off well live.

It'll show up eventually. They toured behind YHF for about a year (if you count the late 2001 shows before the record came out offically) before they did Poor Places live. I just hope I'm at one of the shows when that happens, it's one of my favorites on the record.

--Mike

It's interesting how this song seems to be so polarizing (I happen to fall into the "worst song since My Darling" group). It kills all the momentum on the album and would no doubt have the same effect live. That's at least my theory for its absence at all the shows so far.

It could potentially turn into a solo staple with some rearranging, but the song, as it stands now, is a dud. :yawn

I can't agree with you at all about killing the momentum on the album. I think it does a fantastic job of carrying on the themes/mood/feeling of the overall disc, and the relatively calmer, quieter nature of the song doesn't make it any less potent-- I think positioning it between Hate it Here and Walken was a perfect fit actually.

>I think positioning it between Hate it Here and Walken was a perfect fit actually.

and i think anyone that has posted here with positive things to say about the song is a genius of the highest order.

i bet some of you guys are the same ones that posted in a thread i started after the album leaked, a thread in which i wondered where the love for this song was.

-justin

My enjoyment of that song seems heavily impacted by my mood/time of day. Sometimes it seems so serene, otherworldly. Othertimes it just sounds like a miss placed B-Side. I guess its best kept for driving in the late evening, early night. I can't imagine a live version being particularly memorable.

Way better than My Darling. I think this song has a nice sonic quality about it. I'll have to listen to it again but I remember there being an instrumental section that I really like in it. And the ending has an eerie Flaming Lips quality to it that I like.

what the fuck is wrong with My Darling????

I've been on this board close to four year and never rember anyone "hating" this song. I think it sounds earliy lennon like and is an awesome tune.

as for "Leave Me Like You Found Me" not bad but not great. I think Sky Blue Sky is great up until "Leave Me" not that this, walken (hate the recorded verison) are bad songs just the sequencing is odd. Although on and on and on is a great closer

It's interesting how this song seems to be so polarizing (I happen to fall into the "worst song since My Darling" group). It kills all the momentum on the album and would no doubt have the same effect live. That's at least my theory for its absence at all the shows so far.

Let's face it, much of SBS falls into the killing all momentum category live, which is why it's interspersed with liberal doses of earlier Wilco. I haven't listened to SBS in a while but it goes down easier in a live setting with more upbeat songs thrown in to keep you awake.

I don't begrudge anyone the right to skip LMLYFM as I made Either Way, Shake It Off and On & On & On go bye-bye on my copy, but I like it. It would have benefitted, the whole record really, from being recorded more like Is That The Thanks rather than the ultra-smooth production they used, but whatever.

i bet some of you guys are the same ones that posted in a thread i started after the album leaked, a thread in which i wondered where the love for this song was.

-justin

what's your point. you liked it first? omg, congrats.

the song just isn't that great for wilco. it doesn't fit on the album. i'm really surprised it made it over LNGCA or is that the thanks i get. when i hear complaints of nels and glenn being underused on this album, i mostly disagree, except for on this song. john is the only one that's doing anything interesting on his instrument.

what the fuck is wrong with My Darling????

been on this board close to four year and never rember anyone "hating" this song. I think it sounds earliy lennon like and is an awesome tune.

people hate it simply because it is wholly a Jay Bennett composition........I really like it and wish Jeff would go back to it.

-Robert.