Most underrated/overrated wilco songs?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the world got in store is pretty underrated.. never gets much mention here

:thumbup

Come on baby somehow, I neeeeeeeed you

Yeah, you know, now that you mention it, this may be the #1 underrated Wilco tune.

I can't believe how many people hate HMD. That was the song that introduced me to wilco. I guess that is why I like it...I have that special connection with it.

I'm glad to see that a lot of summerteeth songs are seen as underrated. Summerteeth and YHF are probably my two favorite wilco albums. But I do appreciate a.m. and being there, even though i caught on to wilco late...I mean wilco is almost as old as I am(well I am 5 years older than it is ;).

Underrated:

Don't You Honey Me. People rag on the lyrics as simple but I think that's why I like it. I like the sing-songy/nursey rhyme/innocence angle to it. Just a nice little tune.

The solo version JT does of I'm Always In Love. Probably my favorite single Wilco-associated piece of music. It's just got a magical quality to it for some reason for me. Like a long ago dream or something.

Won't Let You Down. Again, simple lyrics but just a great little rhythm/rock vibe to it.

Under: Company In My Back, Why Would You Wanna Live

Nothing jumps out at me as an overrated song right this instant...

Glenn should get a medal or something for the drums on "Company In My Back". Beautiful feel to that song- funky without slapping you upside the head and announcing it.

Whats the world got in store is pretty underrated.. never gets much mention here

Totally agree. The banjo is so freaking amazing in that song.

Easily the most overrated song: California Stars. It drives me nuts when Wilco plays it live to please the masses.

Most underrated song (currently) On and On and On. I might be the only one, but I think this is the best track on SBS.

I've been listening to A.M. a lot recently and truly believe that apart from a couple of tracks it's absolutlely killer - I Thought I Held You, Dash 7, Box Full of Letters, Should've Been in Love and Pick up the Change in particular. In A Future Age is a forgotten classic.

As far as overrated songs go, I think that most of those mentioned here were indeed less impressive on record than they have become live. Misunderstood is a classic example. I very rarely listen to Shot in the Arm these days, but I would be mighty disappointed if it didn't make the set list (Wilco's most played song?).