Now Watching on YouTube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin Tupelo
A Falsetto Frenzy

Tiny Tim

I interviewed this nut job in 1987 in central Illinois. He was the headliner of a traveling circus, long hair died bronze, playing a triangular ukelele and wearing a clown outfit. He had just played the villian in a slasher movie and was on his last few shows with the circus because he had worn the clown outfit -- with heavy makeup -- in the movie.

His next plan was another go at novelty recordings -- including a Christmas song: "Santa's Got the AIDs this Year."

I bailed when he started talking about aliens.

I loved Wall Street, Nixon was okay. I really can't stand how JFK distorted history. I don't really care about what Stone thinks of W. Having said that, this preview makes the movie look fairly interesting. Some good casting and/or some good make-up. Esp. Rove & Rice.

edit:

A look at the cast on IMDB does look interesting. Rob Corddry as Ari Fleischer should be great as should Scott Glenn as Rumsfeld. Richard Dreyfuss as Cheney makes perfect sense. Re-watching The American President shows Dreyfuss playing a Cheney-like character years before Cheney himself began acting the way he has as veep.

Charlie Hunter Trio

Not You Tube but it is still amazing to watch him play a 8 string guitar (3 bass strings; 5 guitar) with such ease. You tend to forget there is only 3 people playing. Not to mention, if he's cool with Ramsey Lewis he's cool with me. I remember watching this during it's original broadcast. Very cool to see it on his website.