Now Watching on YouTube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about

My favorite 2 minutes in all the history of cinema. Hell, my favorite 20 seconds or so is the final portion of this clip:

"Hey, Boo!"

• 2 weeks later...

As a huge Zep and Blues fan, I realised the Page 'borrowed' a lot of lyrics from blues songs (especially on the early records). But just yesterday, I heard one that I had not known before. I find this to bw such an enjoyable experience: learning a little more about the cross-hybridization of two of my favorite musical entities. Even after all these years.

This song is from Barbeque Bob. See if you can spot the Zep lyric (or at least similar lyric).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZgPTfwxrE

My God, Paul looks like somebody's uncle.

Shouldn't be surprised, but it's just not something that I usually think about.

As a huge Zep and Blues fan, I realised the Page 'borrowed' a lot of lyrics from blues songs (especially on the early records). But just yesterday, I heard one that I had not known before. I find this to bw such an enjoyable experience: learning a little more about the cross-hybridization of two of my favorite musical entities. Even after all these years.

This song is from Barbeque Bob. See if you can spot the Zep lyric (or at least similar lyric).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWZgPTfwxrE

i give up... is something about the monkey man leaving home - that sounds familiar

My God, Paul looks like somebody's uncle.

Shouldn't be surprised, but it's just not something that I usually think about.

That's what I liked the most about that documentary -- seeing him being a (somewhat) normal guy working out songs in his basement and prepping for shows vs the guy up on stage. Such a shame that he seems to no longer want to do any of that, but I respect his decision to focus on being a good dad.