Now Watching on YouTube

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thile is a local boy, from Idyllwild...you probably knew that. I met him once after a show in St. Louis, out back of the venue in a drizzling rain. He was just as he appears, approachable and friendly and a big kid at heart. I loved Nickel Creek but haven't followed him in Punch Brothers. Clearly that needs to change! :)

Sometimes there are just too many good bands to follow them all. A wealth of musical goodness.

Keep posting the great videos, Anthony.

fyi ....   Punch Brothers will be on Austin City Limits Monday  3/25. ( re-run originally aired on 11/03/2012 ).

The Civil Wars is the other half of the billing.

Yes!  Got my DVR queued up.  Also going to see Chris Thile with jazz pianist Brad Mehldau in a few weeks.  Everything Thile does is inventive and interesting to me.

I'm also a big Chris Thile fan.  Having watched this one like a hundred times myself, you might enjoy it...

That was stunning. Thile and the band really get the song. Thank you so much for sharing that! I'll be watching it several more times. Really moving.