• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Liverbirds

The Liverbirds were a British all-female beat group, based in Liverpool, active between 1963 and 1968. The hard-rocking quartet (consisting of vocalist-guitarist Valerie Gell, guitarist-vocalist Pamela Birch, bassist-vocalist Mary McGlory and drummer Sylvia Saunders) was one of the very few female bands on the Merseybeat scene.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny that the one instant reaction they all have to the pulled pork is that they think it might be undercooked.

The pink smoke ring freaks out a lot of Americans, too, if they're unfamiliar with smoked meats.

The world seems to be getting smaller as far as food and drink go. On my first trip to the UK in 2001 I had the most dire burrito imaginable and everyone was drinking Budweiser. On my last visit I saw some legit Mexican and BBQ places in London and American craft beer was everywhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

North of 60

North of 60 is a mid-1990s Canadian television series depicting life in the sub-Arctic northern boreal forest (north of 60° north latitude, hence the title). It first aired on CBC Television in 1992 and was syndicated around the world. It is set in the fictional community of Lynx River, a primarily Native-run town depicted as being in the Dehcho Region, Northwest Territories.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...