I'm Not There - Soundtrack Revealed?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'll beg to differ with that. The Antony song sounds like every damned Antony song I've ever heard, which is to say warbly, affected and horribly overwrought. Really don't like it at all. "Mowma take this badge offa mee-hee-hee-hee-hee..." :hmm

The oldsters really seem to suffer here. Willie and Calexico's cover is a disasterpiece, and I think McGuinn sounds like he's on death's door.

The Black Keys' Wicked Messenger is amazing, though, and in fact most of the first disc is stellar. John Doe's two songs are feckin' orsome, and I really like what Beam and Calexico did with Dark Eyes, namely turning it into an Iron & Wine and Calexico song.

Best in show for me is Bob Forrest's Moonshiner. Two questions: 1. Who the fuck is this guy? 2. Give me more. I know, that's not a question, but still...

This is one of my favourite listens of the year so far.

Something must be great about it when Jack Johnson is suddenly not only listenable, but rather enjoyable...

Edit: OK, so the second half of the Jack Johnson song is awful, but his 'Mama, You've Been on My Mind' is rather good.