Now playing August 2007

TheNational-Boxer.jpg

Still my favorite 2007 release.

Edit: The other National songs released this year are brilliant as well, Santa Clara and Blank Slate are as good as anything on the album. Here's some extra outtakes from Boxer if anyone hasn't found them yet, four tracks released as a promo in some magazine in France.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwdfue

Included are: The alternate version of Brainy with a different outro that was deemed by the band to be too similar to Slow Show so they cut it (I prefer this version though), a very rough Slow Show, and two unreleased songs, Rest of Years and Tall Saint. Tall Saint could easily have been on the album and been a highlight, Matt's lyrics are excellent on it.

Sorry that they are only 128kbps.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41DD6K0TZKL._AA240_.jpg

thought i should check this guy out - never heard him before. sounds to me like he ripped off ryan adams though.

I.............. can.............. barely.............. read.............. your.............. post............... Where.............. are.............. the.............. place.............. indicators..............?

51T%205E0EAnL._AA240_.jpg

The Distant Future EP

1. Business Time

2. If You're Into It

3. Crying

4. Beautiful Girl - (live)

5. Robots - (live)

p.s. What sound does a piggy make?

MEC on NPR

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=12550016

'Musician Glen Hansard tells the story of lending his guitar to Magnolia Electric Company's Jason Molina when the two crossed paths in Ireland. Before using it, Molina duct-taped a little white cross onto the instrument; when Hansard asked him about it, the MEC songwriter replied that it was a protection spell. Hansard liked that idea, so he kept the cross on it.

Months later, in the Czech Republic, he accidentally left his guitar behind after a gig, and when he returned the next day, it was long gone. He was frantic to get it back, even offering a $5000 Euro reward on account of its sentimental value to him. Much to his surprise, a few weeks later the guitar mysteriously showed up back at the venue, and he got a call to pick it up. The guitar was still in-tune and in all ways just as he's last seen it, except that the little white cross was gone. When he called up Molina to tell him that everything had come back except the protection spell, Jason said, "Yeah, that's because it was used up."