Now playing August 2007

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picture.jpg

I've had that catchy "Drivin' Me Wild" in my head for weeks, and finally picked this up today. Upon first listen, it strikes me as even more immediately pleasurable than Be (which I loved).

David Nelson Band--8/20/00 Canal Street Tavern, Dayton OH SBD

With the infamous "Drunken Lawyer Rap" !!!

amazing how a record released in my late 30's makes me feel like i'm in my early teens. fucking love it.

Based on that alone, I'm going to check that album out.

NP:

picture.jpg

I already like it more than Twin Cinema, which was a very good album but still a let-down for me compared to earlier NP stuff. This one, though, I am really really diggin'. For starters, "Challengers," "Myriad Harbour," and "Unguided" are ridiculously good.

who listens to NP's for lyrics?

they're all about the pop hooks! which Electric Version has coming out of its ears.

Well, I do. I think it's just as essential as the music itself. You can't just indulge on the music and throw some crappy words like "letter from an occupant" on top of it. Ick. Words also form harmony, and if you throw something that's awful on top of it, you're ruining the juxtaposition of the English and the Maths.