Now playing August 2007

I need to get Okkervil River & this is the first I've heard of that Earlimart record. Is it any good?

Nothing different from Treble & Tremble, still a lot of pretty Elliott type melodies and songwriting, so if you like that I'm sure you'll like the new one.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grateful Dead--Dick's Picks #32 Alpine Valley, East Troy WI 8/7/82

One of the best cowboy first sets from the '80's around!

Thoughts??

I gotta have that.

Sorry, It's gonna take a while to get through it all. Couple things on it seem like the best MEC ever. There is also a more Songs:Ohia feel to the it - especially on the Black Ram disc, I guess mainly because all of the guest stars.

What I really like about it, is that it contains all the songs they played in concert last summer. Ended up yelling/asking for song titles at Molina and Goth because they played mostly new stuff.

DVD is a bit of waste though.

i96005w60jy.jpg

again, what a great year for music.

How's that treating you?

yeah, well, I always hope for the best, and true, there's a few beatz that make me walk with a limp, it felt like a quiet surprise, but I think that repeated listens will prove that not much here, although a good effort to get back, in the end, we may end up only finding this is that cheap bin with the hole punch in the case. But, that being said, I have steep expectations when it comes to this genre, and it's prolly gonna take a miracle to keep my interest in a rap record these days, so do take a peek-a-loo for yourself, and may God have Mercy on your soul. :cheers