Bruce Springsteen's "Magic" Announcement

Wow....I really had no idea! Awesome...

===================================================

Bruce Springsteen's 'Magic' Set for October 2 Release on Columbia Records

'Magic,' Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2, 2007. Produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the album features eleven new Springsteen songs and was recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio in Atlanta, GA.

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere

2. You'll Be Comin' Down

3. Livin' in the Future

4. Your Own Worst Enemy

5. Gypsy Biker

6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes

7. I'll Work for Your Love

8. Magic

9. Last to Die

10. Long Walk Home

11. Devil's Arcade

'Magic' is the first new studio album by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since 2002's GRAMMY Award-winning, multi-platinum, number one album 'The Rising' (Columbia Records), which was also produced by O'Brien.

Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "'Magic' is a high energy rock CD. It

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure wish he'd work with someone else besides Brendan fucking O' Brien. Yawn.

And Magic has to be the lamest album title of his career. I'm sure at least some of it will be decent though.

My Bruce pants are going crazy...

245-bruce_springsteen.jpg

bruce.jpg

springstn1.gif7561673.jpg

I sure wish he'd work with someone else besides Brendan fucking O' Brien. Yawn.And Magic has to be the lamest album title of his career. I'm sure at least some of it will be decent though.

Hell...at least John Landau has been removed from any production duties...

Two acoustic albums and a couple of acoustic tours...hope he's ready to rip it up.

Those song titles make me think of Human Touch/Lucky Town. I think he is another one on the list of bands I will probably not buy any cds of again. I don't really care for much of his stuff past The River.

I sure wish he'd work with someone else besides Brendan fucking O' Brien. Yawn.

And Magic has to be the lamest album title of his career. I'm sure at least some of it will be decent though.

Don't get too excited about this record, now.

I heard whispers he may be headlining Bonnaroo next year.

I just want to see him with the E-Street Band one time. Never have. Caught the past solo tour and I LOVED it. So a new CD means a tour! Yay! :)

Band/Artist: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Date: 04/25/00

Venue: Mellon Area

Opening band:

Notes: Patti was at the show. "Human Touch" makes it's tour debut after being sound checked for weeks. "Idiot's Delight" is a song co-written by Bruce and Joe Grushecky and it appears on Grushecky's "Coming Home" album.

1. Intro

2. My Love Will Not Let You Down

3. Prove It All Night

4. Two Hearts

5. Darkness on the Edge of Town

6. The Promised Land

7. Mansion on the Hill

8. The River

9. Youngstown

10. Murder Incorporated

11. Badlands

12. Out in the Street

13. Tenth Avenue Freeze-out

14. Human Touch

15. She's The One

16. The Ghost of Tom Joad

17. Backstreets

18. L ight of Day

19. Idiot's Delight (with Joe Grushecky)

20. Ramrod

21. Bobby Jean

22. Born to Run

23 Thunder Road

24. If I Should Fall Behind

25. Land of Hope and Dreams

Those song titles make me think of Human Touch/Lucky Town. I think he is another one on the list of bands I will probably not buy any cds of again. I don't really care for much of his stuff past The River.

No love for Nebraska? It's my favorite album of his and one of my favorites of all time.

No love for Nebraska? It's my favorite album of his and one of my favorites of all time.

+1 and the same for Ghost of Tom Joad. The last one was very good also.

Sat 08 Nov 1980

Dallas,TX(USA) - Reunion Arena

1 Born to run

2 Prove it all night

3 10th. ave. freeze-out

4 For You

5 Darkness

6 Independence day

7 Factory

8 Jackson Cage

9 Out in the street

9 Two hearts

10 Promised land

11 Racing in the street

12 The River

13 Badlands

14 Thunder road

15 Yellow Rose of Texas

16 Cadillac ranch

17 Hungry heart

18 Fire

19 Candy's room

20 Because the night

21 I wanna marry you

22 Wreck on the Highway

23 Point blank

24 The ties that bind

25 Ramrod

26 You can look

27 Drive all night

28 Rosalita

29 I'm a rocker

30 Jungleland

31 Detroit medley

3/4 show in the 11th row

last 1/4 pressed up against the stage with Bruce and E-Street Band in my face!!!!

Even got hit in the head with his guitar as a girl climbed up on stage. He whirled around and luckily it only clipped the top of my head. One of the best shows I have ever seen. Don't let the setlist fool you, this show was almost four hours long!

You are right - I forgot that one.
everyday you make me shake my head
There is no way you can tell me that Human Touch/Lucky Town/Born In The U.$.A./Tunnel Of Love/The Rising are as good as the earlier stuff.
There is no way you can tell me that Human Touch/Lucky Town/Born In The U.$.A./Tunnel Of Love/The Rising are as good as the earlier stuff.

Tunnel of Love is quite underrated, but I have little use for the rest of that stuff.

my comment was more on your decision to not buy, or listen to this new Bruce record.

you're a memeber of Oink, correct ? it's free, why wouldn't you listen ? why miss something great, because you're

stubborn ?

so many times you dismiss music for some strange reasons.

to each his own.

nothing wrong with tunnel of Love, or Born in the USA. Rising has some great, great songs, just not enough.

you tell me how Bruce, or Dylan, or The Stones can make music like they did in the past, not possible.

take the good with the bad, why be bitter about it.

That's a good point. I just think his lyrics have become rather run of the mill and generic. I am probably thinking of Lucky Town - or whatever one has all of those songs about snakes and dice and whatnot.

I will tell you that the emotion he put into songs such as Stolen Car/The River move me to tears - the latter songs do not.

I think Devils and Dust was a pretty solid record, The Rising has a good bunch of songs on it too. I'm really looking forward to this record, and hopefully another chance to see Bruce live.