Pick up the pieces and pack up your mind

You don't ask for what you have to find

Many people rolling out to sea

Let loose those floodgates that have held you back so long

Oh Lord, there ain't no end

Left him one thing he tried to kill

Oh Lord, there ain't no end

Left him one thing he tried to kill

what is this out of print debut album you write of?

Their first album was a vinyl only release back in 1986. It's referred to as the "Bunkhouse" album, although it was officially titled "The Jayhawks." It was released on Bunkhouse records. Not a lot of the Olson/Louris vocal harmonies. Mark was the clear frontman at this time, and the album features a lot of twang. Lost Highway was planning a CD reissue of it 4 years or so ago, but nothing came of it. Some promo reference copies exist, as well as vinyl rips from the original release. Every once in a while the album pops up on ebay.

Someone here was nice enough to give me a version of this. Frankly I like it better than the debut album that is still in print (which despite liking the Jayhawks I find kind irritating.)

Incidently I saw Mark last night and he was excellent. Great little band with him, but a very small crowd at Schubas.

LouieB

Incidently I saw Mark last night and he was excellent. Great little band with him, but a very small crowd at Schubas.

LouieB

Hi Louie! We saw Mark on Mon night and really enjoyed the show! I hear the crowd was a little bigger last night, so you can imagine how small it was Mon night.........I felt bad for them. His band is really good, he commented to me after the show how this is the best band he's had (I hope he wasn't counting the Jayhawks in there....I'm sure he wasn't). That Michele from Italy the fiddle player was excellent, I couldn't take my eyes off him. Quite the performer! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Hi Louie! We saw Mark on Mon night and really enjoyed the show! I hear the crowd was a little bigger last night, so you can imagine how small it was Mon night.........I felt bad for them. His band is really good, he commented to me after the show how this is the best band he's had (I hope he wasn't counting the Jayhawks in there....I'm sure he wasn't). That Michele from Italy the fiddle player was excellent, I couldn't take my eyes off him. Quite the performer! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Me either, but maybe for different reasons. He was excellent. They had him too loud in the mix, but then turned him down a touch which worked better. The whole band was very good. Yea, it was a crazy small crowd, but enthusiastic enough that we got an encore. A few of us were standing up front, but hardly anyone moved in back of us, so most of the audience was in the seats and half way back on the floor. Nora O'Connor opened and was also excellent with Andy Hopkins (or is it Metcalf, I am such an idiot) on second guitar. She can sing anything and I dig it. Mark said he was coming back in the winter.

I was at the show last night too - great band and mark was in fine voice. Small crowd was disheartening but still a solid show.

Why didn't you say hello, I was the older guy up front and why didn't you move up anyway....we could have used some reinforcements, maybe gotten a mosh pit going or something.....

LouieB

I would love to see Mark, but he hasn't scheduled a Denver date. Hopefully he'll be through with Gary on their album tour.

And thanks A-Man!

My cdr of this is fouled - can anyone else put a nice rip up of this album for Mr. Ross?

• 2 weeks later...