• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. i went to the spokane show. wow. wow. sorry. that was just... wow. i can't believe how lucky i am to have been to that show. mellow my mind on the banjo, no one seems to know, a man needs a maid.. it's like the '76 tour all over again, except now i'm alive to experience it... i wasn't born until '82, so.... yes. wow. what a concert. ambulance blues. sad movies. everything. BETTER than the '76 setlists actually. and that's just the acoustic set. i wrote a long review on the rust list. this spokane show was the only one i could make, due to my mon-fri work schedule. but i wish i could go to more. it was amazing. i live in edmonton. the drive was 1000 miles each way. that is no exaggeration. we resest the odometer in edmonton, drove it all the way to spokane and back in one weekend, and when we pulled into the driveway in edmonton on sunday night, it said 2000.5. about 16 hrs each way. we *did* take the long way to stay on a divided highway over those mountains.. played it safe. the concert was perfect. it was more than worth it. not to mention the scenery in montana!!!

wow. i went to the spokane show. wow. wow. sorry. that was just... wow. i can't believe how lucky i am to have been to that show. mellow my mind on the banjo, no one seems to know, a man needs a maid.. it's like the '76 tour all over again, except now i'm alive to experience it... i wasn't born until '82, so.... yes. wow. what a concert. ambulance blues. sad movies. everything. BETTER than the '76 setlists actually. and that's just the acoustic set. i wrote a long review on the rust list. this spokane show was the only one i could make, due to my mon-fri work schedule. but i wish i could go to more. it was amazing. i live in edmonton. the drive was 1000 miles each way. that is no exaggeration. we resest the odometer in edmonton, drove it all the way to spokane and back in one weekend, and when we pulled into the driveway in edmonton on sunday night, it said 2000.5. about 16 hrs each way. we *did* take the long way to stay on a divided highway over those mountains.. played it safe. the concert was perfect. it was more than worth it. not to mention the scenery in montana!!!

That is awesome. How was no Hidden Path Live?

no hidden path was the highlight of the electric set. really long. the solos were incredible. it sounded WAY better than the album version, which i already loved. it comes across pretty well on the Spokane recording, although somehow live the vocals sounded balanced better than it seems on the recording, but you can still get an idea. the band for the electric set was pretty tight. tigher than the modern day crazy horse. i felt like i was hearing/seeing the crazy horse of 1970ish. especially when they did EKTIN, Bad Fog of Lonliness, and Winterlong.

Glad you had a good time, you are a true fan.

My apologies for copying your post again but I just gotta say that must have been a blast. Having seen Neil many times I really get a kick out of it when someone gets a chance to experience his magic live. It really sounds like you did. Dec.7 will be around my 80th Neil show and you have me completely stoked. A 1,000 mile road trip to see Neil is especially cool in my book. I'm only going 40 miles this time but I'd drive 1000 miles for this tour. Easy. B)

• 2 weeks later...
yup, and I also read that on some nights his wife and her keyboardist, Anthony Crawford might be joining them on some songs.

Anthony Crawford has history with Neil playing/singing on Old Ways, Prairie Wind and Everybody's Rockin while joining Neil for those tours albeit they were short ones. Sounds like it's going to be a fun show. B)

He definitely played them last night in Detroit. I'd love to have them, too. It was a beautiful show. I mentioned to Leo, "I don't think he's human" after the extended jam on No Hidden Path. I left only wishing for more.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../ENT04/71111014

With none other than Bob Seger rooting him on and giving him a number of standing ovations, Young drew some of the loudest cheers of the night in his acoustic set with powerful versions of

• 2 weeks later...