I think this is a bit weird - re-furbishing old stuff and releasing it. I don't have the book in front of me, but wasn't Chrome Dreams a Joel Bernstein creation? Or was it just the drawing?

Hes not doing anything he hasn't done before, tons of the old songs were "refurbished" and released later - "Don't Cry No Tears", "Powderfinger", "L.A.", "White Line", "Country Home", and "Too Far Gone", off the top of my head.

Chrome dreams was a record from 1976 that did not get released, just like Homegrown. The songs were divied up onto the rest of his late 1970's stuff.

I really hope Hitchhiker is one of the other songs on it

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also he is only refurbishing 3 unreleased songs. The other 7 are brand new.

Also one of those unreleased songs is ORDINARY PEOPLE :dancing

So i'm cool with this.

I agree OP is the best unreleased that I ever heard from him...I got a few versions that blow me away.

Curious to see how he recorded it.

I agree OP is the best unreleased that I ever heard from him...I got a few versions that blow me away.

Curious to see how he recorded it.

I am assuming it is tne 13 minute song on the album, but it could be the 18.5 minute song on the album which would mean either he added a lengthy jam/solo or more probable more modern lyrics to go with it.

I doubt it is the 18 minute song though 13 seems more likely.

Are the versions that different than the ones we know and love? I've never heard this before.

There are two versions of the original Chrome Dreams floating around.

The first version was the one that existed in tape trading circles for years, and that's the 12-track one that doesn't include 'River of Pride'.

There's also a CD, widely available in the 'Import' section, that has the 15-song tracklist mentioned above. However, there are some differences between the song versions used - for instance, the Hurricane on the CD is a 15-minute live version, whereas the Hurricane on the 12 track tape is the studio version also found on American Stars & Bars (and Decade).

After reading that press release, I'm remarkably pumped up about this new album. That 18.5 minute song is puzzling my brain right now, as are the two other "refurbished" songs. What else goes with the themes of Ordinary People? Grey Riders? Born to Run? Hmm.

I'm hoping for the 18 minute track to be the complete "Sixty to Zero" which appeared in a shorter form as "Crime in the City". If the "Ordinary People" story is true then "Sixty to Zero" would make sense as it shares a common history with "OP" as Bluenotes era songs and their social commentary related topics.

I'm hoping for the 18 minute track to be the complete "Sixty to Zero" which appeared in a shorter form as "Crime in the City". If the "Ordinary People" story is true then "Sixty to Zero" would make sense as it shares a common history with "OP" as Bluenotes era songs and their social commentary related topics.

That would be insanely crazy and i would be so happy!

CHROME DREAMS "RIVERBOAT" PREVIEWS

NY Times, August 27, 2007

Chrome Dreams II will feature several Riverboat previews as bonus CDs at selected retail outlets. Each outlet will have a different track. "The Riverboat" is disc 1 of the NYA Performance Series and is included in the Archives Volume 1 release scheduled for early 2008. When the Archives Volume 1 is released, The NYA Performance series will total three released discs including "Crazy Horse at the Fillmore East", "Massey Hall", and "The Riverboat."

"The Riverboat" was a coffee house on Yorkville Avenue in Toronto where NY played soon after the break-up of the Buffalo Springfield. It is one NY's earliest known live recordings.

This is really cool news in my opinion. It means the Riverboat boot is number 1 in the series and will see the light of day when/if the archives comes out (which i think it will sometime next year suposidly FEB)

I can't wait to check out the archives :)

We were just talking the other day at work about Neil playing in Redwood City before he toured in days gone by...or rehearsing at the Warfield and all the rumors with that scene. I'm with Dreamin, should I just forward my paycheck to Neil this fall :worship

ORDINARY PEOPLE TO RADIO

NY Times, September 7, 2007

NY Times has learned that "Ordinary People" from Chrome Dreams II will be sent to radio on Monday September 10. This 18 minute plus track most likely will be initially heard on radio web sites. We think the most adventurous stations will play it on the air a few times. The length of this track makes it hard to program into today's limited radio playlists.

It is rumoured that I-Tunes may initially offer the extended track as part of a Chrome Dreams II album pre-order. Consumers pre-ordering Chrome Dreams II would get the 18 minute plus track immediately. NY Times has not learned the date of that release.

The Cover is:

chrome_dreamsII_2007_cover.jpg

TRACKLISTING(according to Amazon)

1. Beautiful Bluebird 3:30

2. Boxcar 3:15

3. Ordinary People 18:13

4. Shining Light 4:33

5. The Believer 2:38

6. Spirit Road 5:01

7. Dirty Old Man 2:52

8. Ever After 3:32

9. No Hidden Path 11:31

10. The Way 5:15

This should leak soon, be on the look out!!!!

I hope this comes to vinyl fast!!!

ORDINARY PEOPLE TO RADIO

NY Times, September 7, 2007

NY Times has learned that "Ordinary People" from Chrome Dreams II will be sent to radio on Monday September 10. This 18 minute plus track most likely will be initially heard on radio web sites. We think the most adventurous stations will play it on the air a few times. The length of this track makes it hard to program into today's limited radio playlists.

It is rumoured that I-Tunes may initially offer the extended track as part of a Chrome Dreams II album pre-order. Consumers pre-ordering Chrome Dreams II would get the 18 minute plus track immediately. NY Times has not learned the date of that release.

The Cover is:

chrome_dreamsII_2007_cover.jpg

TRACKLISTING(according to Amazon)

1. Beautiful Bluebird 3:30

2. Boxcar 3:15

3. Ordinary People 18:13

4. Shining Light 4:33

5. The Believer 2:38

6. Spirit Road 5:01

7. Dirty Old Man 2:52

8. Ever After 3:32

9. No Hidden Path 11:31

10. The Way 5:15

This should leak soon, be on the look out!!!!

I hope this comes to vinyl fast!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!!