• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young Chrome Dreams Continental Tour Begins October 18

New Album "Chrome Dreams II" Out October 16

BURBANK, CA--(Marketwire - September 10, 2007) - Neil Young will begin a North American tour on October 18th in Boise, Idaho, two days after the release of his new extraordinary album "Chrome Dreams II" on Reprise Records. Concerts continue until December 13th in New York, including two nights at the historic Massey Hall in Toronto, Canada, the site of early legendary shows by the acclaimed singer-songwriter.

"Chrome Dreams II" is a stunning collection of eight new and two classic Young songs. Recorded last summer in Northern California, musicians include Ben Keith (pedal steel guitar, dobro and other instruments), Ralph Molina (drums) and Rick Rosas (bass), who will all be performing in concert with Young.

Pegi Young is opening artist on the tour. She released her debut album last summer on Vapor/Warner Bros. Records, followed by a series of sold out shows in Northern California and New York.

On October 27th and 28th Young will host the 21st annual Bridge School Concerts in Mountain View, California, which also features appearances by Metallica, John Mayer, Tom Waits with the Kronos Quartet, the trio of Eddie Vedder, Flea and Jack Irons, and others. Concert schedule is as follows:

October 18 Boise, ID Morrison Center

October 20 Spokane, WA Opera House

October 22 Portland, OR Keller Theater

October 23 Seattle, WA WaMu Center

October 30 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Live

November 5 Denver, CO Wells Fargo Theatre

November 8 Minneapolis, MO Northrop Auditorium

November 10 Detroit, MI Fox Theater

November 12 Chicago, IL Chicago Theater

November 13 Chicago, IL Chicago Theater

November 15 Washington, DC Constitution Hall

November 18 St. Louis, MO Fox Theater

November 26 Toronto, ON Massey Hall

November 27 Toronto, ON Massey Hall

December 2 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre

December 3 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre

December 5 Wallingford, CT Oakdale Theater

December 9 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater

December 12 New York, NY United Palace

December 13 New York, NY United Palace

how much are tickets to a NY show usually? I've never been but I think I will make the trip up to either Boise or Denver.

I payed 35 for the greendale tour and sat 22 row dead center. Ended up in the front row for the encores though.

well, i was really excited about this tour, but then i heard neil's farm aid set from last sunday night. (it's out there for those interested)...it was basically unlistenable. he sounds like an old man (no pun intended). just really tired and worn out. don't want to see him like that. he was pretty energenic on the CSNY tour last year. maybe an off night?

c