I need some advice. Me and the neighbors on my block are throwing a block party in October. My delemma is who to invite from my office. I don't want to send a general email out because I know several people that won't come, and I also have people I don't want to invite. I could go around and speak to or Evite the ones I do want to come, but I'm worried that word of mouth might get around. I work in a small office (30 people) and this happened to me last year. Some people got hurt while I wasn't intentionally trying to hurt their feelings. I want to avoid that if possible. Any thoughs? Thanks!

Your Little Buddy,

Mr. Tony Margaritatime

If you're concerned about hurting feelings:

1) Invite the ones you want and explain to any others who ask that "your neighbor" put a cap on how many you could invite, "sorry."

2) Don't invite anyone from the office

3) Invite everyone from the office and hope the ones you don't like already know this and won't come anyway. Even if they do come....so what. Get blind drunk and have fun at their expense. Who knows, too- maybe a few drinks'll loosen them up and you'll bond a bit.

If you're not concerned about hurting feelings:

1) Invite whomever you want and exclude whomever you don't want. Screw 'em.

Thanks fellas! You both are kind thinking what I'm thinking. I just wanted to get another opinion before I commit. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't type thingy. Actually, last year was quite festive. Lots of drunken debauchery goin' on!

3) Invite everyone from the office and hope the ones you don't like already know this and won't come anyway. Even if they do come....so what. Get blind drunk and have fun at their expense. Who knows, too- maybe a few drinks'll loosen them up and you'll bond a bit.

I vote for this one

it depends on the 2-way relationship with the people you dont want there. there a couple of people in our group (of 8 people) that i hate, and their feeling's mutual. so on my birthday, i invited everyone knowing that those 2 wont turn up

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm actually really good friends with several people at work, so it would be really weird not to invite them. Kind of like not inviting your family to go to your birthday party weird. I'm just going to shoot an email to the peeps I want there, and not worry about the rest. Piece of cake. ;)