Tonight In Berkeley

it was an amazing show. i hadn't been to the greek in years so it was nice to see a sold out crowd for wilco. i think this might be their year when they finally get their due.

lots of good looking fans too i might add.

xoxo.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he leaned over and said something to Nels, that seemed to be what he was saying.

Yes, there was a taper there. :yes

i taped the show.

uploading it to my puter as i type. i'll need to slice and dice and make it nice.

might need some help with the seed though...

josh

ps sounds great

i hadn't been to the greek in years so it was nice to see a sold out crowd for wilco. i think this might be their year when they finally get their due.

I think you're absolutely right. 8,500 seater...sold out!

i taped the show.

uploading it to my puter as i type. i'll need to slice and dice and make it nice.

josh

ps sounds great

Let me know if you still need any help with seeding the show, id be be more than happy to help

Guest givesskatersabadname
i taped the show.

josh

ps sounds great

that's some good-good, wild-wild stuff... when the time is right pls let me know and i can help seed this one... i have .flac and .shn format shows from earlier in the tour to trade, too, fwiw.

re: guy throwing hat.

there were far too many d-bags at this show for my liking; that guy should have been drop-kicked down the hill... in general, i'll never understand the allure of spending money on tickets then talking to one's friends through an entire song or singing horribly over top of the band.. must be a w. coast thing because there wasn't nearly as much idle chatter at the Count Basie Theater and Pines Park shows... hey, i'm all for having a good time but when shows start getting treated like somebody's own personal happy hour or like we're all standing around their livingroom then that cuts into the enjoyment equation.

wanna sing along w/ YHF? wait 'til you get home.

i'm done ranting.

yeah, talking during a show is one thing but i don't think i've ever heard anyone complain about the crowd singing along. in the sunken treasure dvd jeff says that a sing along is one of his favorite things in the world. i know several bands that love to be able to hear the crowd singing. it's exciting!

yeah, talking during a show is one thing but i don't think i've ever heard anyone complain about the crowd singing along. in the sunken treasure dvd jeff says that a sing along is one of his favorite things in the world. i know several bands that love to be able to hear the crowd singing. it's exciting!

Agreed. :)

What about pot smoke? Doncha just hate it when people smoke pot at Wilco shows? So so annoying...

back to the show. i flew all the way from texas for this show and i was not disappointed at all. the weather was perfect for an outdoor show and other than the steep steps, the venue was gorgeous. i thought the band had some really great energy, better than i've seen from them in a while. the crowd was kind of mellow but i blame that on the fact that 85% of them were smoking pot. i was with 8 people who had never seen wilco before, i'm glad they got to see such a great show for their first time!

Dear new guy -

I once pissed that Ninjas guy off by talking to him about frozen chickens. You may want to try that.

Sincerely,

ction

P.S. His favorite song of all-time is Weezer's "Across the Sea", and he actually owns two Loudness albums. On vinyl.

Could we please hear some more stories and see some more photos from this show? Gogo, you got some beauties! :worship

I've got photos from Santa Barbara, San Diego, and last night (LA Greek)......most of my snaps were crummy, but I did get a few lucky shots at each show. I'll post them as soon as I have the time. (Don't hold your breath, anyone, I don't want your deaths on my conscience.) :thumbup

i wish i had gotten pictures at this show! we were in the "visa signature VIP section" so i couldn't really take any good pictures from there. it was an amazing view though!

i read earlier in the thread that there were 42 "nothings" during misunderstood. i know someone shouted that out during the show but i thought i counted 40. yes, i actually counted. it was the first time i've ever been sober enough (at least i thought i was!) to count them.

i wish i had gotten pictures at this show! we were in the "visa signature VIP section" so i couldn't really take any good pictures from there. it was an amazing view though!

i read earlier in the thread that there were 42 "nothings" during misunderstood. i know someone shouted that out during the show but i thought i counted 40. yes, i actually counted. it was the first time i've ever been sober enough (at least i thought i was!) to count them.

It's entirely possible that whoever shouted 42 was just guessing and had been reading a little too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I promised myself that I'd count if they did Misunderstood, but, when it came down to it, I guess I was too into it to remember. :thumbup

all of my friends laughed at me for counting. but they had never seen wilco before so they didn't know that the number of "nothings" is different all the time!

It's entirely possible that whoever shouted 42 was just guessing and had been reading a little too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I promised myself that I'd count if they did Misunderstood, but, when it came down to it, I guess I was too into it to remember. :thumbup

I actually did count and it was in fact 42. I was sober the whole night, too. Nothing to do with Hitchhiker.