the all-new NFL thread

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants, Giants, woo woo woo!

Quote from the guy who taunted Trent Green.

"The bottom line is, it was a malicious hit. It was uncalled for,'' Johnson said. "He's like the scarecrow. He wants to get courage while I wasn't looking, and hit me in my knee instead of trying to hit me in my head. God don't like ugly, you know what I mean?

"My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today,'' Johnson said. "If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee. I'm trying to eat just like everybody else. So, to hit me like that, that showed me what type of man he was.''

come on Daniel - ya gotta get on board with at least one Chicago team. The Cubs are evil - but the Bears? show some love. ;)

edit - Graham says yer a Packers fan.....fair enough......but, the Blackhawks suck.....so....Bulls?

The Lakers with Kareem and Magic were awesome.

Quote from the guy who taunted Trent Green.

What an asshole. He's got 150 pounds on Green, and I can garauntee Green wasn't trying to injure him. Green was trying to make a play to help his team win. Fuck Travis Johnson.

come on Daniel - ya gotta get on board with at least one Chicago team.

I now live perilously close to Detroit, but I manage pretty well without giving myself over to their teams.

I'd manage somewhat better if I finally sprung for the baseball package on my cable service, but I'm a cheap bastard.

how about the Chicago Fire?

Yeah! I went to see the Fire over the summer, it was a really good time.......nice stadium, good fans, too bad it is out in the middle of nowhere . ;)

there's no reason to do such a thing.

it's fun to have at least one local team - but maybe that's just me. It makes life in a city a little more fun, especially if you know you're going to be stuck there a good long while. I was never a huge football fan, though being with Graham has turned me into a Bears fan. I guess the fact that I wasn't much of a Rams fan before kind of helped. Same thing with basketball, since there is no NBA team in St Louis, I never really paid attention. It's taken awhile, but it has grown on me in Chicago.

I haven't really adopted any local teams here, and I do take a certain kind of perverse pleasure in rooting against a couple of them. Helps that my college football team is usually on national TV (although the Big Ten Network is fucking with that) and MLB.tv has allowed me to keep watching the Tigers.

how about the Chicago Fire?

I thought you were talking about the old WFL team there. The dude that was their coach actually came to my H.S. to coach after the WFL's demise. Chuck Dickerson was his name. I had him for PE & he was without a doubt the meanest son-of-a-bitch I ever had for a teacher.

I thought you were talking about the old WFL team there. The dude that was their coach actually came to my H.S. to coach after the WFL's demise. Chuck Dickerson was his name. I had him for PE & he was without a doubt the meanest son-of-a-bitch I ever had for a teacher.

You are over-estimating both my knowledge of sports and my age!

There was serious jumping up and down at my house last night -- almost like a playoff game. When GB got the ball back with just over 2 minutes, I was really nervous -- farve has just KILLED the bears over the years. Inexplicably, they kept throwing the ball over the middle, thus running out the clock for themselves. I know that most of the passes were completions, but still, why not throw to the sidelines? It was almost like they forgot about that.

Anyway, the interception in the endzone was really satisfying (as was the earlier pick by Urlacher).