the all-new NFL thread

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Jets/Giants game on Sunday and before the game started the PA announcer said that today's game time temperature is brought to you by Keyspan. That amused me. I turned to my wife and said, I thought that was god's gig?

The Bears will make the playoffs.

If that happens, it's only because the rest of the NFC pretty much sucks, except for Dallas, and maybe (just maybe) the Packers.

With the injuries they've had on defense, and the problems they were having even before those injuries, plus their quarterback situation, I just don't see the Bears being better than 8-8. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Of course, 8-8 just might get them a wildcard. :stunned

If that happens, it's only because the rest of the NFC pretty much sucks, except for Dallas, and maybe (just maybe) the Packers.

With the injuries they've had on defense, and the problems they were having even before those injuries, plus their quarterback situation, I just don't see the Bears being better than 8-8. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Well, their defense is healthier Peanut came back and was awesome Sunday night. Briggs came back and was a beast. They're just waiting on Vasher coming back and for Tommie Harris to reach full strength.

Oh, and Darwin Walker, I guess.

Calling a timeout when the kicker kicks the ball is so bush league. They need to ban that. If you wanna ice the kicker, go ahead and ice him as the teams line up, not as he is kicking it. I equate this to the rule they banned in the NBA and NCAA bball, where you cannot call a timeout in mid air to save your team's possession.

Let them play. I'm so glad Folk nailed both of those field goals. And I'm glad the Auburn kicker killed Florida in the same exact way. Get that bogus time out call outta here.

Totally agree. Seems that's the new trend now with field goals. Stop wasting our time. I also hate the no spiking the ball rule. NFL is on the move to ban emotions from the sport. Next year, a smile after a good play maybe a penalty.

The Cowboys are probably the only team I hate anywhere near as much as I hate the Yankees*. SO CLOSE to a perfect evening of sports. :no

* edit: Forgot about the Red Wings. They won too. :angry

luke-detail.jpg

s_staubach_i.jpg

061023_romo_vmed_9p.widec.jpg

Jedi Masters

Deal with it

obi-wan_kenobi.jpg

BRADSHAW16X20.jpg

Roethlisberger_Ben.jpg

deal with it.

Bradshaw...you bectha

Roethlesberger...dream on

Bradshaw...you bectha

Roethlesberger...dream on

heh...

neilsb30.gif

what about Obi-Wan?

Heh...Darth Vaderpwned him in the rematch dude...

NFL is on the move to ban emotions from the sport. Next year, a smile after a good play maybe a penalty.

No, that's a good rule. Why is it necessary to spike the ball after a play (other than a touchdown)? It slows the game down. It's not emotion, it's stupid.

I also wish they would ban those idiots from jumping around and flexing after every fucking tackle.

You have nightmares about Neil O'Donnel connecting two times to Larry Brown :monkey ...

I have nightmares about Roger Staubach not connecting with Jackie Smith

r17.jpg

I think they will win the division. They are better than Green Bay and this will come out in the end. Also, their schedule doesn't look as hard as it did going into the season.

The only thing that could have made last night better would have been T.O. stabbing the buffalo painted on the field with a spear. I want to start a letter writing campaign to the No Fun League about all these stupid celebration/spiking the ball calls. I love T.O.'s creativity. He and Ocho Cinco are my favorite end zone entertainers.

Possible Nick Folk nicknames:

Nick "Folk You" Folk

Buffalo Skinner

:rotfl

yeah, we'll see about that.

Yeah, speaking as a lifelong Bears fan, that's crazy talk. This Bears team isn't nearly as good as they were last year. And the Bears' and Packers' remaining schedules are pretty similar.

I love T.O.'s creativity.

It's a good thing you love his creativity, because his hands are for shit.

He might be doing a lot more of that celebration if he didn't drop so many easy passes.