the all-new NFL thread

from todays chicago tribune:

We pick 'em (Brian Griese facts edition)

Adam Caldarelli, 2:30 p.m.

As The Cult of Brian Griese grows wilder than a Kyle Orton neck beard, the people behind the curtain at Halas Hall try to muzzle our man. But we all know you can't keep a legend down.

Griese Did you hear Brian Griese once led a 97-yard touchdown drive with no timeouts and without the aid of his helmet headset?

Please. I heard Brian Griese once led a 970-yard touchdown drive, from Philadelphia to Chicago, in bare feet, without a helmet or a timeout and with Ron Turner and John Shoop calling the plays. Peace in Darfur ensued.

Whatever it was, these facts are indisputable:

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. The Patriots are really good.

Yep. Nov. 4 is going to be teh awesome!

this has to be the biggest regular season game in a long time.

First time two teams, greater than 7-0, have ever met at this point in the season. So, I'd definitely say there is a high likelihood this is the biggest regular season game ever.

Btw, there was a lot of talk at how great the Redskins defense is....not so sure about that. 52-7 is a joke.

First time two teams, greater than 7-0, have ever met at this point in the season. So, I'd definitely say there is a high likelihood this is the biggest regular season game ever.

I dunno. Could be. I really just hope the game lives up to the hype. Probably not likely.

I DO know this place is going to be crazy as hell again for the next week. It is kind of perplexing to realize that you have the world champions residing here, have won the matchup what is it, 3 times in a row (?), and they're still thought of as an underdog. Like the win last Winter was a fluke.

Hmm. That being said, the Pats are looking as good as any team I've ever seen. They're seriously good.

I hope this game gets a lot of commmentary here.

I dunno. Could be. I really just hope the game lives up to the hype. Probably not likely.

I DO know this place is going to be crazy as hell again for the next week. It is kind of perplexing to realize that you have the world champions residing here, have won the matchup what is it, 3 times in a row (?), and they're still thought of as an underdog. Like the win last Winter was a fluke.

Hmm. That being said, the Pats are looking as good as any team I've ever seen. They're seriously good.

I hope this game gets a lot of commmentary here.

I think the Pats are the better team, and potentially one of the greatest ever. I've seen them 4 times this season and even when they are blowing people out, I want to keep watching because they play the game so well it's amazing to watch. Brady is playing with a fire I've never seen from him before...

A fire that may have been lit in him as a result of last year's AFC Championship game.

A fire that may have been lit in him as a result of last year's AFC Championship game.

I actually think the NFL made a big mistake in outing Belichek for the videotaping thing, because I think that gave them extra motivation.

Although I'd say the majority of the reason they are doing so well is that Moss is unstoppable and Brady is out of his mind right now. Did you guys see the false start from the 4 yard line with like 4 minutes left on Sunday? Up 45-7 and they are about to score again when they lineman gets falled for a false start. They just show Brady look at him and say "God fucking damnit". Dude is seriously nuts right now.

I did. I could not help but admire that dark intensity. And he's not even a Scorpio.