the all-new NFL thread

I was thinking this in the shower this morning. Don't forget about the re-vamped celtics, either. Could be a huge year for Boston sports (more so than it already is).

the Bruins are doing alright too.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...e?urn=nfl,52422

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday

I heard that as I was watching the game. I figured it was just a glitch with the audio feed, but another part of me thought about the "piping of sound" allegations. It sounded like a CD skipping 3 times, like eh eh eh.

Arguably the best ever.

I'll bite. Take away the rings and make an argument for him even being one of the top 5 of all time. He's definitely not the best quarterback of the past 10 years (probably 3rd best) without the rings, and he definitely didn't win those alone.

Marino is the best QB of all time in my opinion, and it pisses me off that people use the no rings argument to say he isn't the best. It's ludicrous.

I'll bite. Take away the rings and make an argument for him even being one of the top 5 of all time. He's definitely not the best quarterback of the past 10 years (probably 3rd best) without the rings, and he definitely didn't win those alone.

Marino is the best QB of all time in my opinion, and it pisses me off that people use the no rings argument to say he isn't the best. It's ludicrous.

Without this incredible year in the picture where he is undefeated so far (9-0) and on pace to beat the single season TD record. He flat out wins games and he has never had great receivers, Moss is probably his best which is why he is excelling so well this year. Also he is so young and has tons of time to break alot more records. The older QBs have alot long careers and stats to back them up, Brady will have his in time. But as for now, he is the best QB in the NFL. He's blowing teams out of the water for the exception of Indy.

Brady enters 2007 with a record of 82-26 (.759) in regular-season and playoff games. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts.

Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900).

Without this incredible year in the picture where he is undefeated so far (9-0) and on pace to beat the single season TD record. He flat out wins games and he has never had great receivers, Moss is probably his best which is why he is excelling so well this year. Also he is so young and has tons of time to break alot more records. The older QBs have alot long careers and stats to back them up, Brady will have his in time. But as for now, he is the best QB in the NFL. He's blowing teams out of the water for the exception of Indy.

Brady enters 2007 with a record of 82-26 (.759) in regular-season and playoff games. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts.

Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900).

A starting qb's winning percentage means literally nothing to me.

if you lose, how good are the other 21 starters and like 25 guys who also see playing time?

I understand your point. I give credit to players who dont have the best teams to play with.

But I still think Brady is best now and headed for best ever.

Pats players were never that great. It was him that made the team good. He could go on any suckie team and greatly improve it. Even without all the rings and wins, watch him play and give him some credit.

I understand your point. I give credit to players who dont have the best teams to play with.

But I still think Brady is best now and headed for best ever.

Pats players were never that great. It was him that made the team good. He could go on any suckie team and greatly improve it. Even without all the rings and wins, watch him play and give him some credit.

He's great. Maybe a top 10 of all time before he's done. He's got a ways to go before he reaches Manning and Favre, just to name two contemporaries.

And the Patriots definitely had great players. He somehow made their defense nasty? He was the reason Corey Dillon had always been a good player? Belichek is a great coach. He had some decent recievers before last season, in Branch, Patten, Brown, Givens, Fauria, Graham. Sure, last year they had nobody, but it's not like it's been Brady and the Scrubs.

I don't know, I see the argument for him, but there's a pretty strong case against him too.

I'm not into the whole ranking the greats dealy, but can't that be said about anyone who'd be considered in this argument?

He's great. Maybe a top 10 of all time before he's done. He's got a ways to go before he reaches Manning and Favre, just to name two contemporaries.

And the Patriots definitely had great players. He somehow made their defense nasty? He was the reason Corey Dillon had always been a good player? Belichek is a great coach. He had some decent recievers before last season, in Branch, Patten, Brown, Givens, Fauria, Graham. Sure, last year they had nobody, but it's not like it's been Brady and the Scrubs.

He does have alot to go to catch up to Manning and Farve, he'll get there. All those recievers were pretty good, nothing great. But they kept changing receviers and it didnt effect him too much. Yeah and I agree with the coaching deserves alot of credit. I think he still needs to play a couple more years to establish his name better for some, lets continue this in 2010. See what you think then.

He does have alot to go to catch up to Manning and Farve, he'll get there. All those recievers were pretty good, nothing great. But they kept changing receviers and it didnt effect him too much. Yeah and I agree with the coaching deserves alot of credit. I think he still needs to play a couple more years to establish his name better for some, lets continue this in 2010. See what you think then.

He's also 30 and only in his 7th year. He won't get anywhere near the records.

He is this era's Montana, and Manning is Marino. Marino was the better QB, Montana had a better team.

I can see him being in the top 5 in any of the categories at the end.

It's not entirely out of the question, but I'd bet against him being in the top 5 of any of the counting stats. He's got maybe 5 more elite years left, and then he'll see major production slides or injuries like most not Brett Favre quarterbacks. He won't continue at anything like the pace he's on this season, so yeah he'll probably get to the top 5 in td's, but he's not close enough to realistically make it to any of the others. I'd probably feel comfortable eventually putting him in the top 10 of all time if he keeps it up, but I can't see anything short of continuing this unheard of pace he's on for 3 more years.

He is this era's Montana, and Manning is Marino. Marino was the better QB, Montana had a better team.

It's good to know that Belichick could have started Chris Weinke after Bledsoe went down, and still have enjoyed these years of success.

Rubbish.

Your problem starts when you begin comparing Brady, or this team to anyone who came before.

i think my brother's roommate is having fun with him. my brother is 100% positive that its true. i think it's absurd. they do look a bit retarded though.

Is you brother interested in buying a nice bridge?

It's good to know that Belichick could have started Chris Weinke after Bledsoe went down, and still have enjoyed these years of success.

Rubbish.

Your problem starts when you begin comparing Brady, or this team to anyone who came before.

I didn't realize Brady was such a unique talent. Does he throw the ball with his foot? Does he have a secret jet pack that he uses to escape zone blitzing schemes? He's a football player, it's pretty damn easy to compare him to people who came before him, in as much as he's playing a game that hasn't changed an awful lot since the late 80's.

He's awesome, but he also works in a system that is designed perfectly for him, so coaching deserves a whole lot of credit.

I don't know, I see the argument for him, but there's a pretty strong case against him too.

I lol'd

But it's not fantasy football that is important.

It's about wins and rings.

period.

You think Dan Marion would rather have his passing records or just ONE ring?

But it's not fantasy football that is important.

It's about wins and rings.

period.

You think Dan Marion would rather have his passing records or just ONE ring?

It doesn't matter what he'd rather want when you are discussing who is the best. Thats not the point, the point is who is the best.

Best quartbacks of all time because they won superbowls (TD-INT ratio for career):

Terry Bradshaw (212-210, natural leader)

Trent Dilfer (109-122, just knew how to win)

Brad Johnson (154-117, awesomeness personified)

Jim McMahon (100-90, shuffled his way to the record books)

Mark Rypien (115-88, clutch)

Doug Williams (100-93, saved a baby from a fire)

Shittiest quarterbacks of all time who never did anything except shit all over the football field and lose and lose and lose (TD-INT)

Dan Marino (420-252, drops babies on their head on purpose)

Jim Kelly (237-175; led the bills to 4 straight super bowls and then tackled their kicker as he tried to win the game)

John Elway prior to winning two super bowls (282-204; lost two superbowls, dog fighter)

Boomer Esiason (247-184, stupid name)

Fran Tarkenton (374-266, communist)

Also shitty:

Barry Sanders

Cris Carter

Randy Moss

Jason Taylor

Jim Brown

Tim Brown

Tony Gonzalez

Kellen Winslow

Also, Ted Williams.