the all-new NFL thread

oh humorless. do a google search for rick roll. the setup couldn't have possibly been better.

and dude, "reported" is not the preferred nomenclature. it reeks of hall monitor.

Humorless? Your link commandeered my browser, and it took quite a long time to shut it down. I ended up losing stuff I was doing FOR WORK in the other tabs of my browser, and I'm still trying to recover all of that stuff. I'm already up a lot later than I want to be this evening, and you probably set me back another half an hour.

If that's your idea of humor, I guess I have another user to add to my "ignore" list.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Monday Night game intro (that justed viewed) they show Hank Williams, Jr. (of course) playing with Brian Setzer, Jon Bon Giovi, some Country singer dame, and they do a very quick flash to a keyboard player. The keyboard player looks a lot like Page McConnell from Phish. Anybody got a bead on this one?

Go 'Skins.

Page? You're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding.

Humorless? Your link commandeered my browser, and it took quite a long time to shut it down. I ended up losing stuff I was doing FOR WORK in the other tabs of my browser, and I'm still trying to recover all of that stuff. I'm already up a lot later than I want to be this evening, and you probably set me back another half an hour.

If that's your idea of humor, I guess I have another user to add to my "ignore" list.

Hmm. All I got was Rick Astley, which is bad, to be sure, but I closed it pretty fast.

Hmm. All I got was Rick Astley, which is bad, to be sure, but I closed it pretty fast.

My own fault for having so many other tabs open, I guess ... closing the browser killed all my other stuff. I had six or seven other tabs going. I wasn't able to close the browser for a while because of it jumping all over the screen, and when I finally got to the red X, it tried to put me through a bunch of "OK" dialogs.

Bah. Fucking stupid bullshit. Let's talk about football.

I am largely going to be ignoring it this year. The Giants have decided to do what they did to Fassel - not try very hard for their obviously lame-duck coach.

Are the Redskins and the Eagles both losing!?!?!?!?

Page? You're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding.

I'm not. Though I don't know if it was him or not. It was a guy playing keys that they flashed to quickly and it looked like him to me. I guess we'll have to wait 'til next Monday night to follow up on it.

oh humorless. do a google search for rick roll. the setup couldn't have possibly been better.

and dude, "reported" is not the preferred nomenclature. it reeks of hall monitor.

No, "report" is what we call that function, and is always fine to do if a member thinks it's necessary. Better that than on-board bashing between members.

I fucking tivoed the Redskins game so that I could see them beat the shit out of the Giants in the first half and then give their uniforms to some D.C. high school (W.D. Woodson, I bet) JV team for the second? What the fuck was that shit?

Eh. They blew a comfy lead. I typically like the throw-back unis but those I did not. They should bust out either the feather-helmeted logo or the arrow-helmeted logo w/uniforms.

I blame the loss on the poor choice of early 70s uniforms/logo.

Romo was really in the zone tonight. The Bears just got worn down that second half. :ohwell

Too early to call a Dallas-New England Super Bowl?

Being a Gators fan, I stayed on the Rex Grossman bandwagon for too long. I remember what he did at Florida, and I hoped he could do the same for the Bears. The fact that Lovie Smith continues to trot him out there is now causing me to question Smith's competence.

My new rallying crying is "Sit Rex or Fire Lovie."

Eh. They blew a comfy lead. I typically like the throw-back unis but those I did not. They should bust out either the feather-helmeted logo or the arrow-helmeted logo w/uniforms.

I blame the loss on the poor choice of early 70s uniforms/logo.

Speaking of throw-back unis, did you catch the threads the Iggles broke out. It's bad enough that they hung half a hundred on my poor Leos, but to do it dressed up like a Sweedish national team is really putting salt into the wounds.

Do Pitts. and NE meet in the regular season this year?

That'll be a good game, probably.