Now Playing: September 2007

nf-twt.jpg

It's been awhile. Forgot how much I love this one...from start to finish. :wub

From the title track:

...If I can't be with you I would rather have a different face

And if I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space

And if the gods desert us now I'll turn this chapel into flames

And if someone tries to hurt you I would put myself in your place...

:swoon

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51r-20zk8iL._SS400_.jpg

A bit obvious, but honestly I had zero interest in this until I saw the film, not bad, also reminds me to lighten up a bit, even though sometimes EV's voice I feel limits him, and please that's not to say he can't sing, but secretly I've always felt it held PJ back a little, I mean, he has a certain sound, a sound that I normally relate to angst high school/college (I know terrible stereotype), but after falling off and not hearing much of the newer PJ stuff, this I find to be completely fresh, inspiring and true. Super short, but I honestly believe that's because of the usage int he movie, not cutting of an entire song here & there, but getting what they could with the time they had. I'm comepletely aware the PJ has managed things many bands to da don't, I just haven't connected to much since "No Code", anyway I'm sure fans of EV will enjoy this.

but after falling off and not hearing much of the newer PJ stuff, this I find to be completely fresh, inspiring and true. Super short, but I honestly believe that's because of the usage int he movie, not cutting of an entire song here & there, but getting what they could with the time they had.

Here's a short and decent interview with both Eddie and Penn from TIME magazine that touches on the film and the process EV went through to record the tracks:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...1661699,00.html