Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool

1W, 2D, 3L

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dusting off this ancient thread for some exciting news from Germany: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11891/13113740/xabi-alonso-leads-bayer-leverkusen-to-first-bundesliga-title  

Posted Images

Arsenal do so much better on the road now than they have for several seasons.

Yeah, the best away team so far this year.

Being knocked out of the CL will help Chelsea in the league a bit, I think. Hopefully Arsenal will bump up the goal difference just in case we end up tied on points.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite enjoyed Chelsea taking down Manchester United over the weekend. Got to watch it in HD at the hotel where I was staying. The game should have ended 1-0 to Chelsea rather than 2-1 -- both second-half goals should have been waved off (Chelsea's for offside and Man U's for a hand ball).

Can't say I'm a fan of either team, but I do so enjoy it when Man U loses, especially at Old Trafford.

Hi everybody.I think that ,for my first post,it´s great to begin talking about ,i think,one of the best players of the world.Yesterday ,Leo Messi carried us very near of heaven.

Barça fought against a great Arsenal,but Messi unbalanced the match.

messi.jpg

Hi everybody.I think that ,for my first post,it´s great to begin talking about ,i think,one of the best players of the world.Yesterday ,Leo Messi carried us very near of heaven.

Barça fought against a great Arsenal,but Messi unbalanced the match.

messi.jpg

Welcome to Via Chicago, Juan! :cheers

Just needed to come on this thread and say...Come on Spurs!!!. FA Cup semi final this weekend at Wembley against Portsmouth. Looking like a nice end to the season for us if we can win this one and stay in contention for forth spot.

Do you guys think that Portsmouth should get to go into the Europa league despite their financial problems? I think they should because it would actually help them get their house in order in terms of money.

I watched Barcelona's game against Deportivo yesterday. I really do not see how they can fail to win the league and Champions league again this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone have any words of support for this arsenal fan who is about to lose Fabs to Barsa

Not gonna happen! We won't release him for anything other than silly money, Cheatalona are in serious money difficulties and he is under a long contract. The Professor is adept at convincing players he wants to keep to stay at the club.

Not gonna happen! We won't release him for anything other than silly money, Cheatalona are in serious money difficulties and he is under a long contract. The Professor is adept at convincing players he wants to keep to stay at the club.

It's going to happen it's just a question of whether he goes this season or next. I like Arsenal but you can see why Fabregas wants to go. As for the money issues, remember that Barcelona and Real Madrid share about 50% of all the TV revenues from La Liga. It's the rest of Spanish football that is in financial disarray. It could be worse - you could be a Liverpool fan like me. I'd wager that of Torres, Mascherano, Gerrard and Benayoun only 2 of these players will be at Anfield next season. And there's still no new stadium on the horizon either or a sniff of new owners.

It's been two days and I can't believe no one has said this, but Milito's second goal was amazing. I actually felt sorry for that poor Bayern defender being made to look like so bad. And I still can't believe that the championship was actually shown on network TV here in the States.

It's been two days and I can't believe no one has said this, but Milito's second goal was amazing. I actually felt sorry for that poor Bayern defender being made to look like so bad. And I still can't believe that the championship was actually shown on network TV here in the States.

Beautifully taken goal but that Munich centre-back defended like me back in grade school.

• 6 months later...

World Cup 2018 to Russia and 2022 to Qatar.

I figured Russia would get it over England (no offense but their bid had so many internal problems and an kind of arrogance), and over the others because of them being joint bids; something Fifa does not like.

I figured Australia would get 2022 over the US and did not really consider Qatar to be a serious bid. They have the money now to build the stadiums and finance all the air conditioning they want, but 11 years is a long time (in economic terms). I don't doubt they will be able to pull it off, but I would hope that by then we as a planet would not be so dependent upon their oil that perhaps their pockets will not be lined with our money.