• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neko Case does a nice version of "Buckets of Rain." The Hendrix reading of "Watchtower" might be my favorite Hendrix of all.

I believe in Chronicles Dylan says his favorite cover of one of his tunes, was Johnny Rivers doing 'positively 4th street'.

I think I have an mp3 of The Four Seasons ( Frankie Valli ) doing 'Like a rolling stone', it's a must hear, will post tomorrow if I can locate it.

"Tomorrow is a Long Time" - Elvis Presley

"I Shall Be Released" - Elvis Presley

"Just Like a Woman" - Nina Simone

"I Shall Be Released" - Nina Simone

"Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues" - Nina Simone

I don't remember the Johnny Rivers Chronicles quote, but I've read Elvis' "Tomorrow is a Long Time" is Dylan's favorite. I'll ask Bob to confirm the next time I see him.

My bad on the Burke then, it's been a while since I pulled that album...I recall a bunch of songs on it were written for him to record. But my memory ain't what it used to be.

Also...the 'Bobfest' at MSG in '92 was a good source of Dylan covers. Some memorable performances from Lou Reed, Neil Young, Tom Petty, and others. Holy crap, where did 15 years go???? :omg

good call nowhere man, Andrew Birds Oh Sister is stunning, i think i like it more then the original

It is on some free CD from some magazine. A bunch of good covers on that album actually (and some not so good as I recall.)

I highly recommend the disk Duluth Does Dylan for some rather quirky covers by Duluth bands. Duluth Does Dylan Revisited isn't as good, but it isn't bad either. Nod to Bob is a decent album but this one is better and they came out about the same time.

LouieB