• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have duluth does dylan. i should probably listen to it once considering i've had it for like 6 years
Definitely. Unlike Nod to Bob, which is a pretty straight reading of his songs and came out at the same time, these guys sometimes go off a bit. Very fun. This is one of my favorite Dylan covers albums ever...I have a tee-shirt with the cover art on it that I enjoy wearing as well.

LouieB

Joan Baez is always unfairly dumped on here. Her version of Daddy You Been on My Mind is great and the album Any Day Now was has some excellent covers (and not so excellent ones I admit) , since it is an entire album of Dylan covers.

LouieB

she does get ripped a lot. i just personally don't like her voice

Yea, I understand that....really I do. Joannie is totally old school, but back in the day she was worshipped by the folksters. She has managed to continue to have a good career (unlike Judy Collins and most of the other old school female singers). Frankly without Joan, Bob Dylan may not have made it. Her early covers were some of the first and best of the lot.

Judy Collin's version of Tom Thumbs Blues is excellent.

LouieB

senor is a highly underrated dylan song. garcia's versions are my fave & actually my intro to dylan in high school. i was waaay into the dead/garcia band & started snooping into bob's music because of them.

I always get a kick out of Garcia singing "Joey," too. Those high notes he tries to hit crack me up (in a good way). It's endearing.

Garcia also sings a real sweet version of "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest" on Been All Around This World (w/Grisman).